Chia Seeds are obtained from Salvia Hispanic, a desert plant. Surprisingly, this plant belongs to the mind family. Did you know that this was a staple diet for the Mayans and Aztecs? Wow! That’s how far back the history of Chia Seeds goes! Despite having been around for such a long time, it’s only recently that Chia Seeds have become popular because of their nutritional value. 100 gems of these tiny seeds contain 38 g of dietary fiber, 17 g of Omega -3 fatty acids, and 16 g of protein. They are also rich in calcium, iron, and antioxidants.
Here we have a list of the 5 best Chia Seeds brand in India to help you buy the one that has the most nutritional value.
- RR Agro Foods Organic Premium Chia Seeds.
- True Elements Raw Chia Seeds for Weight Loss.
- Fitness Mantra Chia Seeds Pouch.
- Nutriwish Premium Raw Chia Seeds.
- Orgrain India Certified India Chia Seeds.
Best Chia Seeds Brand in India
28 grams or 1 ounce of servicing Chia Seeds contains:
- Energy: 131 calories
- Carbohydrates: 13.07g
- Proteins: 5.6g
- Fibre: 11.2g
- Fat: 8.4g
Organic Premium Chia Seeds are manufactured by RR Agro Foods. The seeds are of premium quality and have been selected from the best. The seeds are handpicked, double cleaned to ensure that there is no trace of any dirt or impurities. Thereafter, they are hygienically packed in a waterproof bag which retains the freshness.
- 100% organic non-GMO
- Value for money
- Vegetarian Product
- No sugar
- Fatigue reducer due to the rich combination of minerals
- High source of omega 3
- Meal replacement for weight loss
- 30 days money-back guarantee
- 100% customer satisfaction
True Elements Raw Chia Seeds for weight loss contains:
- 20% protein
- 7mg iron
- 41% fiber
- 560% vitamins
- 0% cholesterol
- 32% magnesium
This product is brought by True Elements. The main benefit of True Elements Raw Chia Seeds, among others, is to reduce weight. Due to the high content of fiber, the stomach feels fuller, and therefore you do not eat as often as you should hence cutting down weight. The seeds have a high content of protein, and they do not contain any preservatives or sugar. One teaspoon of these chia seeds soaked in water boosts immunity. These soaked seeds can also be used for smoothies or cereals.
- Resealable package
- High in Omega 3 fats
- Rich in calcium
- Loaded with antioxidants
- Helps in controlling sugar levels
- Cleans colon
Fitness Mantra Chia Seeds Pouch contains:
- 16% Proteins
- Omega 3 fatty acids
- 34% Fibre
- Vitamin C
- Magnesium and Phosphorous
Fitness Mantra Chia Pouch is impurity-free, pure, and natural. It absorbs water quickly and easily. The seeds are directly sourced from farms hence ensuring freshness. Half a cup of the seeds soaked in water for 30 minutes and taken on an empty stomach helps reduce belly. The seeds also help increase stamina and energy.
- Organic, non-GMO and 100% verified
- Rich in Omega 3
- High in fiber
- Contains high quantities of Minerals
- Reduces fatigue
A 100g pack of Nutriwish Premium Raw Chia Seeds contains the following:
- Proteins 18.5g
- Energy 571.4kcal
- Omega 8450g
- Dietary Fibre 23g
- Calcium 454mg
- Fat 41.33g
- Carbohydrates 30.15g
Nutriwish Premium Raw Chia Seeds is 100% gluten-free and natural. This product is a genuine superfood that helps achieve an active and healthy lifestyle. With the high protein, minerals, and mucilaginous fiber, the product is ideal for weight loss. Just a handful of chia seeds sprinkled on salads, shakes or juices goes a long way.
- 100g of Orgrain India Certified Chia Seeds contains the following:
- Calories 515kcal
- Fat 31 g
- Saturated fat 0g
- Total carbohydrates 42 g
- Sugar 1.1 g
- Protein 19g
Orgrain India Certified Chia Seeds is a certified brand of Orgrain India. The seeds are high in dietary fiber, protein, and omega 3, ideal for weight loss. The seeds have been sourced from the company’s farmlands. Due to their nutty flavour, they are easily added to beverages and foods. To attain the gel formation from the premium seeds and to benefit from the gel, they need to be soaked in water for 10-15 minutes.
- 100% organic
- Gel formation
- High grade quality
- Certified organic ROCA
Why Are Chia Seeds Good for Health?
Chia Seeds are tiny and tasteless but have immense health benefits. Some of the medical challenges do not require medication but only a handful of Chia Seeds. Loaded with omega 3, minerals, proteins, and other vitamins, they are known as superfoods.
The benefits of Chia Seeds include:
- Provide Nutrition: They are laden with many nutrients.
- Fight Free Radicals: Due to their antioxidant components, they protect the body against free radicals.
- High in Fiber: Being high in fiber enables the body to absorb water and helps with digestion
- High in Quality Protein: The high protein helps in curbing appetite and therefore helps lose weight.
- Help Reduce Risk of Heart Disease: As chia seeds contain good cholesterol and fats, they help reduce the risk of heart diseases.
- Colon cleaner – Due to the high fiber in the seeds, there is an ease in the removal of waste matter.
To Include Chia Seeds In Your Diet
There is importance in including Chia Seeds in your daily diet as they provide many health benefits to the body.
These benefits are:
- Chia seeds contain omega 3 fatty acids, which are good for the health of the brain, heart and bones.
- Chia seeds contain fiber, which helps regulate the use of sugar by the body and also keeps hunger at bay.
- Chia seeds help control blood sugar levels.
- The protein content in the seeds helps carry oxygen into the blood. Proteins are also the building blocks of the body.
- It is rich in calcium, which is the mineral commonly associated with healthy teeth and bones. Calcium also plays a major role in nerve function and heart rhythms.
- Chia seeds contain zinc, which is involved in the growth of new cells, DNA creation, healing of damaged tissues, the smell and taste senses and ensuring that the immune system is healthy.
- The seeds are a rich source of phosphorous, whose main role is the formation of teeth and bones. It also plays a role in the utilization of fats and carbohydrates by the body. Phosphorous is also used by the body to make protein for the growth, repair, and maintenance of tissues and cells.
Easy-To-Include Chia Seeds’ Recipe
Chia Seeds are easy to include in the diet. They can be added to just about any breakfast dish. Here are examples of recipes using Chia Seeds:
1. Vanilla Matcha Smoothie
The smoothie is better consumed in the morning.
- Probiotic vanilla yoghurt drinks -2 oz.
- Frozen bananas -2
- Chia Seeds -2 tablespoons
- Matcha powder -2 teaspoons
- Ice -2 handfuls
- Splash of milk
Pour yoghurt drink into the blender. Add the 2 frozen bananas, 2 teaspoons of matcha powder, 2 tablespoons of Chia Seeds. Then add a splash of milk and pour the 2 handfuls of ice. Blend thoroughly for 20 minutes.
2. Chia Seeds Pudding Recipe
Chia Seeds pudding is a breakfast pudding that is prepared overnight.
- Chia Seeds – ½ cup
- Honey – 1 tablespoon
- Unsweetened almond milk – 2 cups
Add Chia Seeds to the almond milk and mix honey to taste. Let it chill overnight. Serve in the morning with nut butter or fresh fruit.
FAQ’s on Best Chia Seeds Brands
Q: Are the black Chia Seeds as powerful as the white Chia Seeds?
A: Both the white and black Chia Seeds are powerful and contain the same omega-3, fiber and protein. However, the black ones have more antioxidants. A combination of the two seeds is advisable to enjoy maximum benefits.
Q: How are Chia Seeds consumed?
A: There are many ways to consume Chia Seeds. You can have them by adding to water, juice, smoothies, milkshakes, cereals, porridge, foods, etc. However, the best way to maximize the benefits of the vitamins and minerals present in chia seeds is by grinding or soaking them in water.
Q: Can the Chia Seeds be consumed daily?
A: This is a natural organic product, and therefore, daily consumption has no adverse effect on the body and is safe. Moreover, Chia Seeds contain the daily recommended calcium intake of 18%.
Q: Will regular use of Chia Seeds reduce belly fat?
A: Chia Seeds contain a high amount of protein, which helps in curbing the appetite, thereby reducing the intake of food. The protein also helps in the building of muscle mass and decreasing the bad fat in the stomach.
Q: Can Chia Seeds add weight?
A: No. Chia Seeds are a nutritious and healthy addition to any diet. They are considered a superfood with immense health benefits.
Get a package of Chia Seeds and enjoy the benefits of this tiny powerhouse full of health, and there are different brands to choose from. Give a new lease of life to the heart, body, mind and soul. Look good and feel good.