Curly and wavy hair with low volume may look like a broom on the head. Thank god some mousses can make dull-looking wavy hair thick and full of volume. These mousses are safe to use and don’t require one to visit the salon. Mousses for wavy hair can do wonders given the right product is purchased. The market is flooded with a wide range of mousses that promises to add volume to hair without any damage. Here is a list of tip mousses that are sure to make wavy hair manageable, thicker, and shiner.
Best Mousse for Wavy Hair
It’s the ideal mousse for hair in desperate need of moisture. Coconut oil and hibiscus are the two primary ingredients that help seal in moisture and protect hair from damage caused by over-dried or heat-styled hair. It also contains neem oil, a shine enhancer that helps prevent frizz, giving your curls an improved and smooth appearance.
This product should be sparingly used since overuse can result in that awful crunchy sensation. It’s a spray formula that works well with curlers, hot rods, and braided hairstyles.
- Its ingredients include Keratin, olive oil, glycerin, silk protein, and a shea moisture-exclusive essential oil.
- It comes in a spray bottle.
- It is convenient to use
- The mousse does not have a crunchy or sticky texture.
- The product is safe to use on colored hair.
- It contains the goodness of coconut and neem oils, shea butter, Keratin, hibiscus, and silk protein that help keep the hair healthy naturally.
- The product is not suitable for delicate or thin hair.
The product is formulated with nutritious coconut oil and shea butter to promote the health and hydration of your locks. It features a revolutionary foam-cream mix that combines the best of both worlds. It increases the moisture content of your hair while also holding it in place.
The mousse is light and creamy at the same time. It defines curls and eliminates frizz, allowing the curls to shine.
- The mousse has a creamy texture.
- Its ingredients include shea butter and coconut oil.
- A blend of foam and cream that provides equal amounts of moisture and hold
- It helps define curls and taming frizz and flyaways
- The mousse does not flake.
- It has a delicate and pleasant fragrance of coconut.
- It is not effective in eliminating frizz.
This mousse for wavy hair is ideal for reviving the hair. It’s a volumizing mousse that enables you to create the illusion of full-looking locks.
The Amika Volume and Body Mousse have a delectably creamy and lightweight whipped texture. It’s simple to use because it absorbs quickly. It contains polymers that provide day-long hold, which is ideal for experimenting with hairstyles.
It contains the goodness of sea buckthorn berry, vitamins C, A, E, and omega-7 fatty acids, a combination that promotes collagen formation, which results in healthier hair. It also protects the hair from UV radiation, free radicals, and pollution.
- Its ingredients include buckthorn berry, vitamins C, A, and E, and omega-7 fatty acids.
- It comes in solid bottle packing.
- It is a volumizing mousse that provides a day-long hold for wavy hair
- It contains polymers that provide a long-lasting grip for your hair.
- The product helps defend hair against heat and moisture loss.
- Some users have complained of flakes after using them.
4. Oribe Curl Shaping Mousse
Oribe’s styling mousse defines, hydrates, and provides a light hold. Its sulfate-free composition is gentle on color-treated and keratin-treated hair. Additionally, it helps restore the sagging curl.
The product helps maintain a structured and clump-free wave pattern and gives a healthy shine.
This is the finest mousse for curly-haired women looking for a wash and wear product, as it requires little finesse to achieve amazing results. According to some consumers, the thickness and shape provided by this styling mousse last up to two or three days, reducing the need for frequent touch ups or washing. The product smells wonderful.
- Its ingredients include Aqua, PEG-12 Dimethicone, Isobutane, Propane, PEG-40 Hydrogenated Castor Oil, and more.
- The mousse comes in beautiful packaging.
- Safe to use on colored hair.
- It is sulfate-free.
- It has a nice fragrance.
- Defines curls without weighing them down, adds luster, and seals in curly hair.
- It doesn’t moisturize the hair
5. Biolage Styling Whipped Volume Mousse
The mousse has a frothy texture that is simple to apply and melts into the strands nearly completely. Additionally, it has a lightweight formula that won’t weigh down your curls. Additionally, this volumizing mousse is ideal for fine or thin hair. It has a natural feel and makes curly hair look thicker and more bouncy.
- It is paraben- and dye-free.
- The product can be used as a hair primer before styling.
- A volumizing mousse formulated for curly hair
- It has a light, frothy texture that makes application simple. It provides a medium to strong grip without the crunch.
- Effective as a hair prep prior to heat styling
- It contains blue agave nectar, which helps the hair retain moisture.
- It assists in reducing frizz.
- It smells pleasant.
- Volumizing mousse leaves a sticky residue on the hair
The greatest volumizing curl mousse is John Frieda Frizz Ease Curl Reviver Mousse. Its non-greasy, alcohol-free formula does not cling to your skin. It adds the perfect shine and volume to your hair. It eliminates frizz and enhances your natural curls without using heat or sticky and protects it from harm with a thermal protectant and UV screen.
This hair mousse provides salon-quality hold and control for naturally curly hair. It improves manageability, allowing even the most challenging hair to style fast and effortlessly. It works best on damp hair that has been air-dried or diffuser-blow dried.
- It has an alcohol-free formula
- It protects hair from heat styling and sun damage
- It makes the hair more manageable
- It helps restore bounce
- It is suitable for curly and wavy hair
- The fragrance is not nice.
Here are a few things to consider when buying mousse for wavy hair.
- Simple to use: Buy a product that is easy to apply.
- Rejuvenates the curls: Prefer a product that promises to rejuvenate the curls. Look for the ingredients to learn if the product contains substances that can help revive the hair.
- Volumizer: Wavy hair lacks volume. Using a mousse that helps add volume to the hair for beautiful-looking locks. Most mousses are creamy products, yet they will not weigh down the curls. It volumizes and softens your curls without leaving behind residue, muck, or greasiness. A nice mousse will never feel crunchy on your strands.
- Multipurpose: Mousses are a workhorse product since they perform multiple functions. They are a one-stop shop for defining, moisturizing, lifting, and volumizing. That is healthier for the hair because it is not exposed to as much product, which results in increased oil and weight on the curls. When buying mousse for hair, make sure its purpose is not limited to one thing.
How to Use Mousse?
Mousse is best applied to clean, moist hair but can also be used on dry hair that requires grip and gloss. Here is a guide to help use mousse on hair.
- Shampoo Hair: Clean the hair to prepare them for mousse treatment. Shampoo the hair and pat dry with a towel.
- Apply Mousse on Hair: Take a golf ball size of mousse quantity on the one hand and rub it with the other hand to apply on the damp hair. The amount of the mousse can be adjusted with the length of the hair. Distribute the mousse evenly.
- Apply Mousse on Head: Again, take the mousse on the one hand and rub it with the other hand to apply it over the entire head, starting from the forehead line.
- Blow Dry Hair: Now blow dry hair and style them.
Q. Can Mousse Damage Hair?
A. Mousse can damage the hair as most of them contain alcohol. Its frequent use can dry the hair.
Q. Is it okay to use mousse daily?
A. Using mousse daily may make the hair look sticky and hard. Mousse, however, can be applied to hair daily with zero side effects. The only problem is that it may make the hair look sticky all the time.
Q. What is better, mousse or gel?
A. Mousse is used to add volume to hair, while the gel is used to hold and style the hair. They both have different purposes.
Mousses are safe to use and you can use them at home. They add volume to dull and lanky hair. Set your hair with a mousse every day and keep it shiny and in place.