Hair fall can occur due to many reasons – from dryness or lack of moisture to chemical treatments and pollution. Despite a variety of problems, the solution for hair fall remains the same – deep conditioning. Unless your issue is deeper, most hair fall issues can be controlled by investing in a conditioner that suits your hair and targets the particular concerns you are facing. Luckily, there are several good conditioners available in the market – from herbal treatments to salon-style formulas that give you smoother, thicker hair.
Onion is one of the most recommended home remedies for hair fall control. Mamaearth blends this ancient and time-tested remedy with the nourishing abilities of coconut oil to bring you a conditioner that lessens hair fall, makes hair extremely smooth to touch, and easier to manage. It also contains almond oil for extra strength.
- Onion and antioxidants in the conditioner accelerate hair growth
- Free of harmful toxins like sulphates, parabens, mineral oils, and silicones
- Safe for all hair types, chemically treated and colored hair
Pantene is one of the best-known hair care brands in the Indian market, and for a good reason. This conditioner belongs to Pantene’s Advanced Hair Fall Solution range and strengthens hair from root to tip. It contains fermented rice water – a secret miracle ingredient that claims to significantly reduce hair fall in 14 days. This conditioner also offers heat protection.
- Nourishes hair like oil but contains none of the stickiness
- Can be used as a leave-in conditioner or heat spray
- Can be used to tame frizzy hair in place of serum
Dove’s gentle formulas have long been a favorite for Indian women, who tend to have thin hair. This conditioner is best for hair that has been damaged by heat or chemical treatments. It contains Nutrilock activities to revitalize each strand of hair, give it volume, and make it appear fuller, reducing hair fall by up to 98%. This conditioner is best used with Dove shampoos.
- Nourishes hair fibers with every wash for healthy-looking hair
- Seals hair cuticles to lock the moisture within and minimize breakage
- Contains hair smoothening formula to reduce frizz and flyaway hair
WOW is the newest brand in the market and coming up with exciting new products. Their hair conditioner containing organic virgin coconut oil and avocado oil is getting rave reviews. It provides intense conditioning for thin, weak, and damaged hair. It also contains wheat protein to strengthen fragile hair, as well as jojoba and castor oils for maximum nourishment.
- Takes care of every single hair issue from split ends and breakage to frizz
- Does not contain chemicals, sulphates, or parabens
- Is completely vegan and can be used for both men and women
This conditioner by L’Oreal is a boon for those who love the benefits of oiling, but can’t deal with the stickiness and stains. Containing the power of 6 intensely nourishing oils – argan, jojoba, almond, olive, camellia, and coconut – L’Oreal’s conditioner is one of the only conditioners that can be used on the scalp to provide complete nourishment to hair.
- Transform dull and lifeless hair into voluminous and lustrous hair.
- Does not weigh the hair down and contains a lightweight formula
- Can even be used to nourish the scalp to combat dryness issues
6. Himalaya Anti Hair Fall Conditioner
Himalaya, one of the best herbal care brands in the Indian market, brings you this conditioner containing the goodness of bhringaraja to make hair healthy; chickpea, to strengthen hair with plant protein; and Butea frondosa, to tackle hair thinning. The formula is gentle enough to be used every day while also promoting the growth of new hair on the scalp.
- Completely herbal product with no harsh chemicals
- Extremely lightweight and gentle formula, good for thin and fine hair
- Contains plant proteins to nourish hair from within and make it strong
7. Herbal Essences Bio-renew Argan Oil Conditioner
Herbals Essences has a brand-new bio-renew range, which blends natural antioxidants with natural nutrients to create a conditioner packed with vitamins. This conditioner has been specially crafted for damaged hair. It is loaded with the goodness of Moroccan Argan Oil, which not only repairs damage but also fights frizz and makes hair incredibly smooth.
- Made with real botanicals and 90% naturally derived ingredients
- Has a beautiful citrusy scent enriched with vanilla and exotic spices
- Completely cruelty-free and does not contain gluten or parabens
Are you looking for an ayurvedic remedy to hair fall that is also gentle and light on the pocket? Look no further than this conditioner by the Ayurvedic brand Biotique. It has been specially formulated keeping the needs of those with fine and thinning hair in mind. It hydrates fine hair, gives it lots of volume, and is gentle enough to use every single day!
- Has a volumizing formula containing thyme extracts to thicken hair follicles
- Peppermint and lavender oils balance the pH level of the scalp and condition it
- The sap of berberis tree hydrates hair without making it look dull and lifeless.
TRESemme’s Hair Fall Defense line is enriched with keratin protein that protects hair against breakage and thinning. This conditioner claims to reduce breakage by over 97% in just a single wash and evenly coats hair to disentangle and strengthen it. It is especially suited for Indian hair that is prone to breakage and gives you salon-style smoothness at home.
- Infused with keratin protein to nourish hair and prevent it from breaking
- Reverses the effect of color and heat-related damage in hair
- Lightweight formula that hydrates hair making it more elastic and manageable
Tips for Reducing Hair Fall
Investing in a good shampoo and conditioner is only one step towards reducing hair fall. Too often, the real fault lies in our daily habits. Follow the tips below to reduce hair fall:
- Avoid wearing hair in tight buns or ponytails for long periods of time. Wearing hair in these styles causes it to pull and puts pressure on the scalp. This leads to hair fall and premature thinning.
- Avoid brushing hair while wet. Your hair is at its most vulnerable when wet and can break easily. Wait for it to air dry before using your comb or detangler brush on it.
- Sometimes, the hair needs something extra to infuse life into it. This can be a hair mask, an intensely-moisturizing leave-in conditioner, or a blend of oils. These products might be expensive, but you need to use them only once in two weeks or a month, so they will last a long time.
Hair fall is one of the most common hair-related problems among women in India. Choosing a moisturizing and nourishing hair conditioner can be the first step to resolving hair fall issues. However, conditioners work best when chosen according to hair type and concern. This list will help you pick a conditioner from among some of the most well-known and well-reviewed brands in the Indian market while also being light on the pocket.