With the focus on good health and people getting more and more aware of the health benefits of eating well, regular groundnut oil has been replaced in Indian kitchens with olive oil, which is a western trend. This was, however, sometime back, and now people are returning to their roots. As a result, groundnut oil, which had been a staple in the Indian kitchen, is now making a comeback. And this is probably the best choice for Indian kitchens. We provide you with the list of best groundnut oil brand in India to make sure that you live a healthy life!
As nutritionists say, the best things to eat and use for cooking are those grown locally and indigenously. Groundnut oil is one such element that is used in cooking and extracted from locally grown peanuts.
Benefits of Groundnut Oil
Here are the benefits of groundnut oil.
- Heart Health – Groundnut oil contains Omega 3 and Omega 6 fatty acids. These unsaturated fats are good for heart health. It is also rich in high-density lipoprotein or HDL, which is also known as good cholesterol. HDL improves heart health and reduces the risk of heart attacks, heart disease and blood pressure.
- Prevents Risk of Cancer – Studies have shown that using groundnut oil in cooking reduces the risk of cancer. It contains polyphenols and resveratrol, two components known to flush the toxins from the body.
- Reduction of Cholesterol – One of the benefits of using groundnut oil is the reduction of cholesterol. It contains HDL, which prevents cardiovascular diseases and significantly lowers bad cholesterol.
- Strengthens Immune System – Groundnut oil is rich in vitamin E. In fact, studies show that 1 tablespoon of the oil has 11% of the recommended everyday dose of the vitamin. Vitamin E is essential to the body for its role as an antioxidant, protecting it from free radicals that cause irreparable damage to the body. It strengthens the immune system and protects it from the invasion of cataracts, age-related diseases and cancers.
- Improves Insulin Sensitivity – Studies show that polyunsaturated and monounsaturated fats improve the levels of blood sugar which is good news for people with diabetes. It increases insulin secretions, helping the cells absorb glucose, preventing blood sugar levels from increasing.
Best Groundnut Oil Brand in India
Knowing the benefits of groundnut oil, we compiled a list of India’s 10 best groundnut oil brands. Here they are given below:
This is a healthy substitute to refined oils and is good for deep-frying or sautéing. It contains resveratrol and phytosterols, which are very good for health. This oil’s aroma is unique, and food tastes better when cooked in Puvi Cold Pressed Groundnut Oil.
- Contains resveratrol and phytosterols
- Unique aroma
24 Mantra is a well-known brand that is completely organic. The oil is extracted from groundnuts that are grown without pesticides, synthetic GMOs. The extraction is done at low temperatures, is chemical-free, with no trans-fat or cholesterol. This oil helps decrease heart diseases, and since it is rich in antioxidants, it protects the body against free radicals.
- Completely organic
- Extracted from groundnuts that are grown without pesticides, synthetic GMOs
- Oil is extracted at low temperature
- No trans-fat or cholesterol
- Helps lower heart diseases
- Rich in antioxidants
This oil improves the taste and aroma of food. The method of extraction and filtration is such that it retains the proteins from the groundnuts from which it is extracted, giving you complete health benefits. This groundnut oil contains Vitamins A and D. It is an unfiltered and refined oil that will take your cooking to the next level.
- Improves the taste and aroma of food
- Retains the proteins from the groundnuts from which it is extracted
- Contains vitamins A and D
- Unfiltered and refined
This oil is manufactured from the highest quality groundnuts, sourced from the best places in India. These groundnuts are grown in farms practicing pesticide-free agriculture. It is a completely cold-pressed oil and contains all the essential nutrients that you can expect to get from a good quality groundnut oil. No additives or fillers are added to the oil. It is natural and completely unadulterated.
- Cold-pressed oil
- Contains all the essential nutrients
- No additives or fillers – unadulterated
5. Gemini Groundnut Oil
Gemini is a filtered groundnut oil brand that is 100% pure. It is extracted from pure and pesticide-free groundnuts grown in the best farms in Gujarat. The oil is cholesterol-free and has the distinctive aroma and sweet flavor of good-quality groundnuts.
- Filtered groundnut oil
- Extracted from pure pesticide-free groundnuts
- Cholesterol free
This is a completely vegetarian oil that is light and good for deep frying purposes. The oil is good for health and is available in a pouch and a transparent bottle, which is convenient to use. This oil is not purely groundnut oil but a mixture of 70% sunflower oil and 30% groundnut oil. It is recommended that using a mix of oils ensures that you get more health benefits. Fortune Grounutt Activ contains vitamin E and helps strengthen bones, and prevents night blindness. It is PUFA and HUFA rich.
- Vegetarian oil that is light
- Contains vitamin E
- PUFA and HUFA rich
This groundnut oil is mainly used in south India for its sweet taste and fragrance. It helps cook traditional foods so that you do not lose the original taste. This groundnut is good for making appetizers, snacks, entrees and many other dishes. The oil is extracted from the highest quality hand-picked groundnuts. 100 grams of the oil contains 48 g of monounsaturated fats, 36g of polyunsaturated fats, 16mg of Vitamin E and 900 cals of energy.
- Sweet taste and fragrance
- Extracted from the highest quality handpicked groundnuts
- Contains monounsaturated and polyunsaturated fats
- Contains vitamin E
This oil is extracted from the highest quality groundnut using the slow and cold method of extraction, which helps retain the health benefits of the oil. The extraction method is not through machines but through a cotton cloth, which is why the oil is unrefined. The oil retains the natural minerals and vitamins found in groundnuts and is rich in antioxidants.
- Extracted from the highest quality groundnut
- Retains the natural minerals and vitamins found in groundnuts
- Rich in antioxidants
9. Dalda Refined Groundnut Oil
This cooking oil is one of the healthiest oils available. It is refined and contains Vitamins A, D, and E. The method of extraction of this oil ensures that it retains the flavor, aroma and nutrients of the groundnuts used. It also lowers bad cholesterol and is good for heart health.
- Contains Vitamins A, D and E
- Retains the flavor, aroma and nutrients of the groundnuts
- Lowers the bad cholesterol
- Good for heart health
This cold pressed groundnut oil is unfiltered and has a pleasant fragrance. It is unadulterated and the oil is extracted without the use of machines, which helps retain the health benefits of groundnut oil.
- Unfiltered with a pleasant fragrance
- Extracted without the use of machines
- Retains all the health benefits of groundnut oil
The best way to use oil in your cooking is to combine 2-3 types of oils and either keep switching between them every month or mix a couple of them in equal quantities and then use them. This ensures that you are not exposed to the side effects of any one oil for a long time, as prolonged exposure is what causes damage. Instead, blend the oils and use them. For example, you could use olive for salad, groundnut, and mustard oil for cooking or sesame oil for frying and so on. This will also ensure that you get the health benefits of all the oils.