People have tried all means to gain mass by endless gym sessions, running, dieting, etc. All these have proved futile as some end up losing weight without gaining muscle. At times, the number of calories consumed may not be enough to help in body mass build-up, which is very frustrating considering the time and energy that has been put in.
However, all is not lost as there are various types of mass gainers that have been proven to work.
These are detailed below:
Best Weight Gainer for Beginners
6 heaped scoops contain the following:
- Calories – 2270
- Protein- 80mg
- Source of Protein – Whey
- Carbohydrates – 472gms
- Fat – 6.5gms
- Minerals and vitamins – 20%
Flavor– Triple Chocolate Brownie.
The high protein and calories are suitable for muscle gain. The product, scientifically approved, has a combination of 2270 calories, 80gm protein, 100% natural whey, and 472gm carbohydrates. This superior blend helps in muscle gain and repair and also strengthens the body. The product contains high amounts of nutrients that help in the recovery of the body.
- The calories are high.
- The 80gm protein per serving is high.
- It is made with 100% whey protein.
- The complex carbohydrates are easily digested.
- It contains other minerals and vitamins beneficial to the body.
- Suitable for both men and women.
- There are no known side effects of this product.
2. Dymatize Super Mass Gainer with Digestive Enzyme
2.5 cups (341g) serving contains:
- Calories – 1280
- Carbohydrates – 252g
- Creatine – 1g
- Lucien – 5.2g
- Protein 52g
- Protein Source – Micellar casein and whey protein
- BCAA’s – 10.7g
Flavor – Rich chocolate
This product is an excellent muscle gainer. A daily serving provides a high-calorie composition of 1280kcal. The high quality of complex carbohydrates and protein, which are easily absorbed, contribute to muscle gain. The 5.2gm of leucine per scoop helps retain and allows better protein synthesis, which helps build muscles and reduce muscle soreness and muscle fatigue.
- Tested and confirmed to be free from banned substances
- High protein content of 52g per serving
- High calories of 1280g per serving
- Unsuitable for people who are lactose intolerant
2 scoops of 334g daily serving contains:
- Calories 1263
- Protein 50g
- Protein source – Whey and egg albumen
- Carbohydrates – 254g
- Vitamins and minerals
- Creatine 3g
- Fat – 3g
Flavor – Natural chocolate
This non-vegetarian product provides 1200kal calorie count, 50 gm of protein and 254gm of carbs, and no added sugar. The high calorie contained in the nutrients helps speed up muscle recovery and build muscles. The protein blend of whey and egg albumen makes the product perfect as a post-workout meal or pre-workout meal. The product can also be taken between meals or 45 to 60 minutes before bedtime. This aids in the recovery process through the night.
- High calories good for muscle gain
- Has added minerals and vitamins suitable for muscle recovery
- Does not contain any sugar
- Contains high proteins in 1 serving
- Non- vegetarian product
1 level scoop of 100g contains:
- Calories – 445
- Protein – 37.5g
- Protein source – whey and micellar albumen
- Carbohydrates – 50g
- BCAA’s – 6.5g
- Medium chain triglycerides (fats) – 2000mg
- Added Enzymes – 185g
- Creatine – 1500mg
Flavor – Chocolate Bliss
MuscleBlaze Gold gainer is known for enhancing mass gaining and is loaded with clean digestive enzymes. With a high protein content of 37.5g per scoop when combined with 445g calories, the product prevents muscle loss and promotes the building of new muscles and tissues. The high creatine of 1500mg boosts workout performance, while the 6.5gm of BCAAs helps better biosynthesis of protein to promote muscle gain. High MTC’s also increase the body’s fat-burning process.
- High Protein quality at 37.5g in a single scoop.
- Contains creatine and BCAA’s
- Digestive enzymes help in the ingestion of nutrients and prevent gastrointestinal
- The MCTs intensity fat burning
- No sugar added
- Workout is recommended
4 heaped scoops (205g) serving contains:
- Calories – 748kcal
- Protein – 50g
- Protein source – whey, soy protein, and casein
- Calcium 150mg
- Carbohydrates – 125g
- Protein source – blend of whey Protein Concentrate, Calcium Casein, Soy Protein Isolate
- Creatine – 3gm
- BCAA’s – 11g
The product is rich in BCAAs, which are essential for athletes. The digestive enzymes help in the breakdown and absorption of both carbohydrates and protein, which help add weight. This formula helps in attaining lean muscle mass, weight gain, and enhanced endurance and strength. The muscle gainer has no sugar, ensuring that the calories come from a pure source. Additionally, the micronutrients help break down the larger ingredients into smaller ones for faster and better absorption, which is essential for muscle recovery. The powder can be taken in the morning or as a mid-meal with milk, cold water, as a smoothie, or with oatmeal.
- Increases lean weight, lean muscle, strength, and endurance with fewer sets.
- Does not contain any added sugar
- The supplement is gluten free
- Protein quality in the 50g scoop
- High exercise performance and helps maximize on gains made
- Scientifically tested
- Unsuitable for lactose-intolerant people
2 heaped scoops (314g) contains:
- Calories – 1228
- Proteins – 50g
- Protein source – whey, egg albumen, casein, and soy
- Creatine – 3g
- Carbohydrates – 215g
Flavor – chocolate milkshake
BSN True Mass contains 1200 calories, which ensures a sustained release of energy, which then improves workout and speeds up recovery. Besides the high protein blend of 50g, the high 25mg amino acids and BCAAs enhance performance and assist in the biosynthesis of protein. This, in turn, allows for the maximum building of muscles and prevents their breakdown.
- High in dietary fiber
- Contains high protein
- Has a high calorie count of 1200kcal
- Has a real milkshake taste
- Suitable for athletes who find it hard to increase their calorie intake
- Not suitable for people allergic to soy, milk, eggs, and wheat.
3 scoops serving daily (485g) contain:
- Calories- 2200kcal
- Protein – 73g
- Carbohydrates -440g
- Protein source – Whey
- Fats – 4.5g
Flavor – Double chocolate
The product is a high-performing weight enhancer and has been specially designed for weight lifters or people who want to gain muscle or weight. The high 440gm of carbohydrates ensures that there is constant energy throughout the day. This promotes better absorption of proteins and muscle building. With no artificial sugar added, the calorie count is from pure sources. Essential vitamins and minerals boost the overall health of the body. The 5gms of fiber in the product help in the digestion of food and alleviate constipation. The supplement is better consumed on an empty stomach in the morning or after a workout to intensify performance and muscle gain.
- High protein of 73 gm
- High and clean carbohydrates
- Added vitamins and minerals
- No added sugar.
- Not palatable with water
Factors to Consider When Choosing the Best Weight Gainer for Beginners in India:
The following factors should be considered when shopping for a suitable weight gainer:
- Low Appetite and Underweight – For low appetite, select a weight gainer with a high-calorie amount. That product is best taken as a liquid as a thicker drink may be discouraging to a low appetite person. For an underweight person, high calories will aid in mass gain.
- Weightlifters – For weightlifters, the best product is one that works best when combined with exercise and meets the caloric needs of trainers. With exercise, the body’s caloric and nutritional needs increase.
- Ingredients – Read the product’s label to check on the ingredients in each product. Look out for products that have high nutrients, especially proteins and carbohydrates, the ones that are allergenic, the complexity of the carbs, added sugar, vitamins, and minerals.
- Price – A high-quality product will, in most cases, be expensive—source for a product that is original, high quality, and affordable. Cheap products may be compromised in terms of quality.
- Brand – A brand that has been tested, proven, and trusted is the first thing to identify a good brand. Shop for a brand that has a history of making genuine products. Avoid counterfeits by all means.
Q: Can one add weight when using a mass gainer?
A: Yes, mass gainers can increase weight as they are high in calories, which, when not used, may turn into fat. Any inactive person taking the supplements should try and exercise regularly.
Q: Are mass gainers healthy?
A: Yes, they are useful for people who want to gain weight as they also contain other healthy vitamins, minerals, protein, and amino acids.
Q: What time should mass gainers be taken?
A: Each container has an instruction manual on the mass gainer, and suitable times of consumption is indicated. Some can be taken before a workout, after a workout, and before bedtime.
Each of the 7 mass gainers is effective in attaining individual goals of muscle gain. However, take note of the different brands and what each has to offer, then make an informed choice.