Did you wash your hands today? Of course, we wash our hands regularly, but does your hand wash liquid or soap kill germs and bacteria? Our hands can be home to tiny germs that are difficult to spot with naked eyes. It would be rubbish to have your hands checked through a microscope every time you wash your hands. But we can have a trustworthy, doctor-approved, dermatologist-approved, and certified hand wash that kills germs and helps us stay healthy.
Here is a list of the top 10 hand wash brands in India that stand by their promises and are worth relying on during testing times.
Top 10 Handwash Brands in India
It is a doctor-recommended liquid handwash formulated with a germ protection formula for hand hygiene. Dermatologists have tested it to be ten times more effective in protecting from germs than other handwashes available in the market. It is packed in pouches in two fragrances – original and skincare.
The handwash is Indian Medical Association (IMA) recommended and suitable for kids above three years of age. Its ingredients include citric acid, aqua, Ammonium lauryl sulfate, sodium chloride, sodium Laureth sulfate, and more.
- 100% germs protection
- Contains antibacterial ingredients
- IMA recommended
- Germ transference protection
The handwash has Activ Naturol Shield that provides germ protection within ten seconds of using it. It is the world’s top-selling handwash from Lifebuoy. The product contains anti-germ ingredients, including myristic acid, palmitic acid, potassium hydroxide, and more.
The handwash is approved and recommended by the Royal Society for Public Health, London. It is available in easy to carry pouch and is suitable for kids.
- Protects against infection and germs
- Contain anti-germs formula
- Recommended by Royal Society for Public Health, London
- Fast-acting formula
This handwash is formulated to keep your hands germ-free and moisturized. It is available in three fragrances, including lime and mint. Its active ingredients include – cocamidopropyl betaine, glycerine, lactic acid, sodium salicylate, cocamide mea, water, and citric acid.
The product comes in a plastic bottle of 500 ml.
- A refreshing fragrance of lime and mint
- Provides long-lasting protection
- Removes 99.9% of germs
- Contains anti-germs ingredients
The product contains a pH-balanced formula that keeps the skin healthy and germs-free. Its active ingredient includes tulsi and lemon extracts that contain anti-microbial, purifying, and detoxifying properties. The handwash deeply cleanses the hands. The product is 100% cruelty-free and has no TRICLOSAN. The handwash is effective in removing strong odors.
- Triclosan free
- Keeps hands healthy and soft
- It contains Tulsi and lemon extract
- Formulated with balanced pH formula
The handwash is made using 98% natural ingredients, including coconut oil and essential oils. The product is formulated to remove all kinds of infection-causing germs and odors. The handwash is available in a plastic pouch and pocket-size refill. Godrej ProtektMasterblaster Liquid Handwash has a pleasing fragrance and soft on the hands.
- Removes germs and odour
- Contains natural ingredients
- Free from harmful chemicals
- Available in pocket size pack
Savlon brand is known as a germ-killing product manufacturer. It is a brand you can rely on for killing the infection-causing germs. It is made with a soap-free formula. It contains silver nanoparticles that keep the skin of the hands soft, hydrated, and supple for a long time. The product kills 99.99% of germs in 10 seconds.
- Keeps hands soft and germ-free
- It has a chemical-free formula
- Contains silver nanoparticles
- It kills 99.99% of germs in 10 seconds
The hand wash is formulated using natural ingredients such as tulsi and lime peel. The product keeps your hands clean by fighting against tough dirt and infection-causing germs. It is suitable for kids above three years of age.
- Contains natural ingredients
- Antibacterial properties
- Refreshing fragrance
- It kills bacteria and germs
It is an ayurvedic product made with all-natural ingredients. A small drop of Patanjali herbal handwash is enough to kill germs from your hands. It has an amazing fragrance and has tulsi as its main ingredient.
- It kills germs and provides protection
- Moisturizes the skin of the hand
- Cost effective
- Ayurvedic product
- Pleasing fragrance
9. Solimo Handwash Liquid
The handwash is available in lavender fragrance. It is one of the most affordable handwashes in the market. The product contains no harmful chemicals, parabens, triclosan, and SLS. Though it is free from chemicals, it has balanced pH levels that keep the hand’s skin healthy and moisturized.
- Chemical Free
- Lavender fragrance
- Natural pH level
It is a mild handwash with the goodness of tulsi and lotus. It is soft and smooth to the skin. The product comes in a bottle with a nozzle for ease of use. It is effective in killing germs and has a pleasant fragrance.
- Good Fragrance
- Soft to hands
- Kills germs
Buyer’s Guide to Choosing the Best Handwash
- Fragrances: Handwashes are available in different fragrances that can be pleasant for some and may irritate some. Check before buying if the product contains a pleasant aroma.
- Packaging: Refill pouches are convenient to carry, but a bottle with a nozzle is convenient to use. If you have a liquid soap dispenser at home, go for a refill pack instead; otherwise, it is recommended to go for a liquid handwash that comes with a plastic bottle packaging.
- Content: Read through the label to ensure you are buying a product that is chemical-free and gentle on the skin.
- Usage: Most liquid handwashes come with a direction to use printed on the backside of the packaging. Read through the direction to learn how frequently you may have to use the liquid soap to keep your hands germ-free. Some handwashes contain fast-acting ingredients that start killing germs within 10 seconds of application. At the same time, some handwashes require frequent use to kill germs.
1) How to ensure complete hand hygiene?
Wash your hands with liquid handwashes as frequently as you can and carry a hand sanitiser to ensure complete hand hygiene.
2) How important is it to maintain hand hygiene?
Hands carry germs that may cause life-threatening diseases. Maintain hand hygiene can help kill germs and keep you healthy in the long run.
Your overall health depends on how you protect yourself from germs and infections that may cause diseases and damage the organs. Washing hands frequently with handwash that is effective in killing germs can help keep us healthy. There are many a type of handwashes available in the market that promises to kill germs. However, it is our responsibility to choose the one that is most effective. Reading through the label for ingredients and direction of use can help us make a wise purchase decision.