Toner is the essential step that we often forget to include in our skincare regime. It is an important part of skincare, especially for people with dry skin. It helps to soothe your skin and retain the moisture after you have washed your face thoroughly.
Although it is crucial to find a correct toner that is curated for your skin type and alcohol-free otherwise, they tend to dry you out further. A branded toner could pinch your pocket a bit; therefore, we are here to give you a list of excellent homemade toners that will take a fraction of your time to put together with charming results.
Rose Water Toner
Rosewater has been a popular choice of toner for generations. It is relatively easy to create your rose water, rather than buying a pricy one.
- Wash the rose petals thoroughly to get rid of dirt and bugs.
- Place the petals in a pot and fill it with filtered water.
- Cover it and boil for almost 30 minutes in low flame.
- Keep checking the water every 10 minutes to keep an eye on the water level.
- Cool the solution and put it in a spray bottle to conveniently use it on your face.
Rice Water Toner
Rice water is known as the magic ingredient used for dry skin beauties. It is as useful as it is easy to make.
- Take 100gm of rice and wash it thoroughly.
- Take the rice and distilled water in a pan to boil. Make sure the water is at least an inch higher from the rice.
- Boil the rice for 10-15 minutes until the water turns cloudy.
- Cool it and strain the rice from the water.
- Store the water in a bottle to be used as a toner.
Milk, Cucumber, and Coconut Water Toner
You need the following ingredients to make the toner:
- Raw milk 1/4th cup
- Coconut water 1/4th cup
- One moderate slice of cucumber
- Put the cucumber slice in a blender to make a smooth puree. Strain it further to extract the juice.
- Now, add coconut water and milk to it.
- Pour the mixture into a glass bottle and refrigerate it, so the milk stays fresh.
- Use this toner daily with the use of a cotton pad after you’ve washed and dried your face.
Honey and Mint Toner
You will need the following ingredients:
- Organic honey one tablespoon
- Mint leaves one cup
Water two cups
- Shred the mind leaves and boil it in 2 cups of water.
- Cool the solution and strain the leaves from it.
- Now mix the liquid with honey. Stir it well to make a smooth mixture.
- Now your Toner is ready. Store it in a bottle and can refrigerate for cooling effect.
Green Tea and Aloe Vera Facial Toner
- Extract fresh gel from one aloe vera leaf.
- Boil two cups of water and two green tea bags for half an hour. Cool the tea mix and strain it to get the tea bags out.
- Mix the tea with fresh aloe vera gel until it is a smooth solution.
- Pour it into a bottle, and you can refrigerate it to have a cooling effect while you tone your face with it.
Now, use any of the toners mentioned above and watch your skin turn smoother and glowing in no time. The best thing about a homemade toner is you don’t have to think about harmful chemicals or alcohol in it. Rest be sure that your skin and your pocket will thank you.
Have you tried any of these before or maybe have created one on your own? Any questions for us? Do let us know in the comments below!