Everyone likes peanut butter. It’s delicious and it is good for health too – this protein-packed spread is so popular that have it on your bread or as a filling for your cakes – this globally popular spread is what everyone wants. This butter is made using ground peanuts and can also be made at home. But who has the time and inclination, especially if you can get it at almost any store. However, there are several brands offering peanut butter and here we list the 10 best brands for natural peanut butter India.
10 Best Natural Peanut Butter Brands in India
- Pintola Peanut Butter
- Alpino Natural Peanut Butter
- Amul Peanut Spread
- Sundrop Peanut Butter
- Skippy Peanut Butter
- Yogis Certified Organic Peanut Butter
- Run Hi-Protein Peanut Butter
- Muscle Blaze Natural Peanut Butter
- Disano Unsweetened Peanut Butter
- My Fitness Natural Peanut Butter Smooth
Pintola is currently the best peanut butter brand in India. It is completely natural and unsweetened. This peanut butter is suitable for diabetics and people on diet. A teaspoon of this peanut butter contains 32 grams of the butter by weight and provide the body with 6 gms of carbs and 10 gms of proteins. It is available in four flavors – all natural crunchy, classic, black pepper and chocolate.
- Unsweetened peanut butter
- Natural and healthy
- Can be taken by dieters, fitness enthusiasts, and diabetics
- This is a very good source of protein and useful for bodybuilders
- Complete and ready-to-eat food
- Long shelf life at room temperature
Alpino offers both crunchy and smooth version, each of which is unsweetened and completely natural. The product is also reasonably priced and extremely nutritious.
- Rich in fibers and protein
- Boosts energy levels required for workouts
- Contains no trans fat or preservatives
- Keeps cholesterol in control and prevents heart attacks
- Available in many unsweetened flavors
- Aids in weight control and maintains a healthy heart
Amul is a well-known brand that offers premium quality affordable dairy products. This peanut butter is smooth and made using premium quality peanuts. It is completely vegan and has high protein content, which makes it suitable for fitness enthusiasts.
- High protein content that can benefit gym-goers and fitness enthusiasts
- Fully vegetarian and non-GMO peanut butter
- Made from premium quality peanuts
- Creamy and smooth taste
- Suitable for vegans
- Special discounts for a 3-jar pack
Sundrop is another reputed and popular brand that offers sweetened peanut butter. This peanut butter is completely natural but contains hydrogenated oil, salt and sugar, which does it make it completely healthy but it is delicious to taste. The product is quite affordable.
- Peanuts are roasted and then used in this peanut butter
- 8 grams of protein per serving
- Tasty and affordable
- Best for general use
- Can be taken with any food item
- Better shelf life at room temperature
- Good source of dietary fibers
- Made as per standards for protein consumption set by RDA for Indians
This is manufactured by the American Hormel Foods and has gained popularity in India. It is available in super chunky, chunky and creamy version, with some healthy versions, namely Reduced Fat and Natural. The taste is great and it lasts for a long time.
- High protein content, 7 grams per serving
- Made from roasted peanut
- 100% vegetarian peanut butter
- Extra crunchy texture
- Zero trans fat and no cholesterol
- Can be added to any beverage or food to enhance the taste
This is another unsweetened peanut butter with a long shelf life of 180 days. Organic peanuts are used in the manufacture of this crunchy peanut butter.
- Made with peanuts from organic farms
- Unsweetened peanut butter
- Long shelf life of 180 days
- Free from hydrogenated oils and preservatives
- Fusion of Indian and international taste
- Provides energy throughout the day when taken as breakfast.
7. Run Hi Protein Peanut Butter
This hi protein and creamy peanut butter is marketed by Ripped Up Protein. Each serving of this peanut butter contains a whopping 10 grams of proteins that gives you an extra boost of energy. It is suitable for athletes and bodybuilders as it increases muscle mass. It is healthy without any preservatives and emulsifiers.
- Contains 10 gms of protein per serving
- Added whey protein for that extra boost of energy
- Can be used by bodybuilders and athletes
- Increases muscle mass
- Does not contain any emulsifiers
- No preservatives are used
Muslce Blaze is a natural, unsweetened and creamy peanut butter. It is made using premium quality peanuts and is good for people wanting to gain muscle mass.
- Natural peanut butter that contains no preservatives
- Contains 80% handpicked peanuts and 20% best quality protein
- Good for bodybuilders and fitness enthusiasts who want to gain muscle mass
- Contains no sugar or salt or preservatives
- Creamy peanut butter with crunchy chunks of peanuts
- It is absorbed fast to provide energy
Disano Unsweetened Peanut Butter is completely natural, vegan and healthy. It is suitable for weight watchers. Made using premium quality peanuts, it is rich in Vitamins B3, B6 and E in addition to essential minerals like magnesium, iron, potassium, and phosphorous. It is available in both creamy and crunchy versions.
- 100% vegan product
- Healthy peanut butter for fitness enthusiasts and diet watchers
- Made from 100% roasted peanuts
- Contains Vitamin B3, B6, and E
- Contains essential minerals like Magnesium, Iron, Potassium, and Phosphorous
- Does not contain any transfat, cholesterol, gluten, or GMO
- Available in crunchy and creamy textures
This is an original creamy peanut butter recipe made using premium quality roasted peanuts and rich in vitamins and minerals. It provides energy for fitness enthusiasts and bodybuilders. My Fitness is India’s first USFDA Registered butter.
- Original American peanut butter recipe
- Contains premium quality roasted peanuts
- Contains vitamins and minerals
- No transfat or cholesterol is included
- Provides energy for fitness enthusiasts and bodybuilders
- Contains pink Himalayan salt
Benefits of Peanut Butter
- Aids Weight Loss – Peanut butter contains protein, vitamins, and a good amount of fiber that aids in weight loss. It also gives you a feeling of satiety or fullness and suppresses unnecessary hunger. You can follow a healthy diet without craving desserts and junk food.
- Helps in Bodybuilding – Peanut butter is recommended for faster bodybuilding. It has a high-calorie content and contains only unsaturated fats. So, it provides you with more calories which are necessary for muscle building. Peanut butter is also full of protein that strengthens your bones and builds muscle mass.
- Boosts Energy – Peanut butter contains protein and healthy fatty acids that provide you with a high level of energy. It supports workouts and gym exercises. You can go on with your workouts without feeling tired. Also, a serving of peanut butter with breakfast makes you active in your daily activities.
- Supports Healthy Heart – Peanut butter has many nutrients that can make your heart healthy. These include Magnesium, Niacin, Vitamin E, Poly Unsaturated Fatty Acids or PUFA, and Mono Unsaturated Fatty Acids or MUFA.
- Controls Diabetes – Peanut butter is a low-carb food that contains fiber, harmless fats, and protein that helps you maintain healthy blood sugar levels. Also, if you are a diabetic, you can try the unsweetened peanut butter.
- Provides Relief from Constipation – Peanut butter is a good source of dietary fiber. It helps in natural bowel movements and gives relief from constipation.
- Prevents Cancer – Peanut butter is rich in essential vitamins and minerals that improve the immune system. It also has antioxidant properties and can reduce the risk of cancer.
- Keeps Cholesterol Levels Healthy – Peanut butter keeps your cholesterol levels healthy as it does not contain any harmful cholesterol. It contains the beneficial unsaturated fats, PUFA, and MUFA that help in balancing the cholesterol levels.
What to look for while buying peanut butter?
You have to look at the ingredient list and check if peanut is the main ingredient. Usually, the ingredients are listed as per their weight. The ingredient with the highest weight should be at the top. So, peanuts should always be the first ingredient.
Also, check whether it contains trans fat, cholesterol, or harmful fatty acids.
A peanut butter labelled as natural or organic will mean that it does not contain any preservatives or hydrogenated oils that are harmful to your health. A little salt is okay as a binder. Also, it may contain a little sugar is used as a stabilizer.
Which peanut butter is better unsweetened or sweetened?
If you want to lose weight or want to gain muscle mass or you are a diabetic, you should prefer the unsweetened variety of peanut butter. If you are buying it to enhance the taste of your desserts and beverages, or you want to buy it for your children, then you can buy a sweetened bottle of peanut butter. Only buy ones that use molasses, honey, corn syrup solids, evaporated cane syrup, etc that are natural and safe.
What is to be avoided while buying peanut butter?
Many brands use harmful substances to make their product tasty. So, before buying a bottle of peanut butter check the list of ingredients. Do not buy any bottle that contains hydrogenated oils or palm oil as an ingredient. This may cause heart diseases by raising cholesterol levels. You can buy one that uses coconut oil.
Avoid ones that contain more than 1% of salt. Also, avoid buying combinations like peanut butter with jelly that has high sugar content.
When it comes to peanut butter, we forget that we need to consider health implications too. The best peanut butter is that which is naturally sweet and healthy in addition to being delish.