What do you think has made the makeup industry thrive in the past couple of years? – A lot but mostly compact powders! They are vital when it comes to setting makeup, making it last longer.
Gone are the days when one would waste money and time trying to find a product compatible with their skin type. Different skin types now have products formulated with specifications and ingredients unique to the need of every skin. If you want to purchase a product compatible with your skin, here is all you need to know about compact powder for different skin types and their benefits.
Compact powder for oily skin
If you have oily skin, you will be on the lookout for products that will help eliminate the excess sebum, leaving your face matte and feeling fresh all day long. Below are some of the Compact Powder you can use to keep your skin fresh and oil-free all day long.
The product is a superb oil-absorbing formula that mattifies your face immediately. The compact powder contains vitamin E, which delivers a perfectly natural finish after application. It has a creamy texture making it easy to apply and blend. It will give you 100% coverage and keep your skin look matte for long hours.
- Absorbs excess oil from your skin that will leave you with a fresh-looking face.
- Easy to apply and blend in due to its creamy texture.
- It gives you perfect coverage with a soft matte look after application.
- The product is lightweight on the skin, giving you comfort all through the day.
- The compact powder is portal able.
- It comes with an applicator and a mirror inside the package.
This skin-perfecting powder reduces the shine that is caused by excess sebum in oily skin types. It contains silica as one of its components and will enhance your glow since it carries oxygen.
This product is recommended for people with oily skin as it absorbs the excess oil on the skin letting the makeup sit for long hours while adding a warm highlight to the skin thanks to its yellow tint.
- It reduces excess shine on the skin by controlling the excess oil secretion.
- The yellow tint component in the formula aids in highlighting the face.
- The product contains invisible particles that act as filling agents, giving a smooth and
- natural finish.
- It has a transparent and thin nature that makes it easy to have on the skin for long hours.
- Yellow tint helps in hiding blemishes on the skin.
Compact powder for Dry skin
The product is well known for its flawless, natural finish lasting up to 16 hours. It contains vitamin B3 and Hyaluronic acid used to prevent water loss and retain skin moisture, leaving the skin hydrated and glowing naturally.
The product also contains SPF 17 that provides much-needed UV protection from the sun. The product is currently available in 6 natural-toned shades.
- It gives a flawless satin-matte look reviving your vibrant skin complexion.
- The product is long-lasting.
- It offers skin protection from the harsh UV rays from the sun.
- It contains nourishing properties ensuring the skin is hydrated.
- You can use the powder as a wet or dry compact.
The product contains argan oil and is known for its anti-sebum properties. It helps regulate the amount of sebum produced from the skin preventing dehydration.
The product has a high coverage when it comes to concealing, fading out fine lines and wrinkles.
- It treats different types of acne, promoting a smoother complexion through the help of argan oil.
- The powder prevents dehydration and dryness of the skin.
- Argan oil helps in slowing down the ageing process and reduces inflammation on the skin.
- The product gives an even-toned complexion, natural and flawless.
- The product is paraben-free – safe for human use.
Compact powder for Combination skin
O3+ plunge nude compact powder aids in covering up blemishes, fine lines, and wrinkles to give you a smooth, flawless, and even tone look. The powder’s loose setting makes it easy to apply to leave your face to look radiant and natural for long hours.
O3+ Plunge Nudes Compact Powder comes with a soft sponge puff and a mirror as part of the packaging. The powder formula is gentle for the skin creating a natural glow without irritating the skin. The product is perfect for everyday use.
- It covers blemishes offering a matte appearance for the skin.
- The product is safe and effective.
- The powder is ideal for all skin types.
- The compact powder is long-lasting.
- It does not contain any harsh chemicals
- It has a matte finish giving you an elegant look.
- The powder is shine-free.
2. Paese Cosmetics Mattifying Powder with Argan Oil
This mattifying powder is light textured and is ideal for both wet and dry use. The presence of Argan oil helps the powder speed up the regeneration of the skin and heal minor skin irritations.
It has a delicate consistency ensuring long-lasting effects to the skin. The powder is available in 15 shades, both matte and illuminating textures. Its main ingredients include:
- Argan Oil – which contains vitamin E, helps improve water retention in the skin.
Allantoin – It helps boost the growth of new skin cells and reduce inflammation.
- Zinc Oxide – It contains anti-inflammatory properties and will protect the skin from UVA and UVB rays.
- The product contains UVA and UVB filters.
- It enhances the process of skin renewal while soothing irritations.
- Due to its light texture, the product can be used wet and dry.
- Paese Cosmetics Mattifying Powder with Argan Oil is the perfect touch-up powder during the day.
- It does not contain any parabens or allergens.
- It offers a healthy glow.
- Suitable for oily, combination, and normal skin.
The Right Way To Apply Compact Powder
Having the right products does not guarantee you the perfect glow you may be looking to achieve. Most people end up having uneven skin tone or having cakey makeup because they do not apply the products correctly.
Ensure you follow the guidelines below to achieve the perfect finish.
- Have all the products – In this case, you will need a foundation, compact powder of your choice, a sponge applicator, and a powder brush.
- Cleanse and moisturize – Cleanse your face with water and soap, pat it dry then apply the moisturizer of your choice. A moisturizer provides the right amount of nourishment for your skin.
- Apply primer – It is important to apply your primer, as it gives your makeup an even base and lets your makeup last longer.
- Dab foundation – Apply a concealer in the areas you feel necessary, for example, under the eyes. Then dab foundation on your face and ensure you blend it evenly.
- Apply the compact powder with a sponge – using the sponge applicator, take the compact powder in the shade that matches your skin tone and dab and pat the product on your face. Then blend the compact powder evenly to ensure a flawless look. You can also use a fluffy powder brush.
- Spread it all over the face – use long strokes in a dabbing motion, follow it up with a sweeping motion, ensuring you blend the compact powder evenly throughout your face, and also cover the neck and any other visible area for that perfect finish.
Compact powders are necessary when applying makeup, whether for a photo shoot or just your daily makeup routine. Ensure that you select a shade that is compatible with your skin tone.
Select the perfect shade. First, know your skin type and the coverage you are looking for before making any purchase.
Ensure you choose a shade that matches your skin colour. You can also try the product on your face before purchasing but not on the back of your hand, as this will mislead you.
If not sure, you can always ask a makeup artist for suggestions.
Different compact powders have different coverage levels. If you are looking to even out imperfections, go for full coverage but if you are looking for a natural finish, then opt for sheer coverage.
Everyone has a different type of skin, oily skin, dry, or combination. It is essential you first get to know your skin type as you plan to make a purchase. There are many products to choose from that will give you that glow you after.