In this day and age, taking good care of your skin is essential. Your face is the first point of contact with anyone even before you greet them. It can say a lot about you, and you want nothing less than to make a good impression. Dead skin cells, blemishes on the skin, and uneven skin tone should be a thing of the past.
Taking care of your skin does not only entail cleansing, moisturizing, and toning. It also requires you to exfoliate from time to time. Removing all the dead skin cells and allowing your skin to regenerate new ones.
7 Best Face Exfoliator & Scrub for Dry Skin
Here are some of the best exfoliating scrubs in India for dry skin.
Himalaya Gentle Exfoliating Walnut Scrub is composed of natural antioxidants, Vitamin C, and additionally antiseptic properties. The walnut serves as the antioxidant which removes the deep-seated impurities on the skin. If you are looking for radiant skin, this is the scrub to use.
- The scrub is creamy and has small exfoliating particles making it ideal for dry skin.
- The price is relatively fair in the market.
- It is used on the face to unclog the skin pores.
- This vitamin C enriched scrub helps reduce inflammation on the skin while leaving the skin nourished all day long.
- The antioxidants properties help to remove impurities and dead skin cells effectively.
- The scrub leaves the skin moisturized thanks to the wheat germ oil present in the product.
- The scrub helps remove blackheads, leaving you with radiant skin.
- No parabens.
Kama Ayurveda Kumkumadi Brightening Ayurvedic Face Scrub with “pure ayurvedic kumkumadi oil” contains 12 precious ingredients that smoothen the skin and promote cell regeneration. It also has almond oil rich in vitamin E&D that exfoliates pollutants, giving you glowing skin.
- It helps minimize fine lines on the skin.
- The scrub moisturizes and smoothens the skin.
- The scrub lightens acne scars and clears out the blemishes.
- The scrub is 99.5% natural.
- It leaves the skin soft and clean.
Biotique Bio Walnut Purifying & Polishing Scrub for Normal to Dry Skin is an exfoliating scrub composed of Vitamin A, Walnut oil, Fenugreek, Neem, and Red Sandalwood. The scrub purifies the skin by getting rid of all the impurities. The scrub clears dry lines, leaving the skin smooth, soft, and spotless.
- Provides deep exfoliation, leaving the skin radiant and glowing.
- It removes daily build-up, allowing your face to heal.
- It helps in polishing damaged skin by getting rid of blackheads and stretch marks.
- The scrub does not contain harmful chemicals.
- Its preparation is environment friendly since the products used are biodegradable.
- The scrub is a cruelty-free product.
- The scrub contains anti-inflammatory properties that help eliminate rashes and redness on the skin.
- The presence of walnuts helps exfoliate the skin by removing dead skin cells, keeping the skin clear and fresh.
Lotus Berry Strawberry & Aloe Vera Exfoliating Face Wash Scrub enriched with strawberries, lemon extracts, and Aloe Vera, which are ideal for dry skin as they moisturize, revive and soothe the skin. It serves as both a scrub and a face wash.
- The mild strawberry granules help remove skin impurities, blackheads, and all traces of makeup.
- Lotus Berry Strawberry & Aloe Vera Exfoliating Face Wash Scrub is used as a scrub and as a face wash.
- It contains gentle strawberry scrubbing granules that are friendly on the skin.
- The price is fair considering you get both a scrub and a face wash.
- It cleanses the face pores and brightens your skin tone.
- It has a sweet, mild strawberry scent.
Neutrogena Deep Clean Blackhead Eliminating Scrub is a gentle exfoliator that penetrates the skin to remove oil and dirt. The scrub is white with fine round particles. It also has a refreshing fragrance that is not very strong.
- It helps eliminate blackheads effectively and prevent new ones from forming, giving you healthy skin.
- It helps remove dead skin cells, cleans the dirt, and removes excess oil on the face.
- It contains cedarwood extracts that help balance the skin’s natural water and oil.
- The scrub is non-comedogenic.
- It’s suitable for all skin types.
- It leaves the skin feeling soft and refreshed after use.
- The scrub is also dermatologically tested and approved for use.
Clinique 7-Day Scrub Cream is considered a gentle skin polisher that brushes away roughness and flakiness on the skin, leaving it to refine and smooth. The scrub was developed by dermatologists who tested it for allergies and is safe for use.
- Clinique 7-Day Scrub Cream helps stimulate the skin, giving you even-toned skin.
- The scrub makes the moisturizer easily absorbed into the skin.
- It does not leave any residue after use.
- The scrub does not contain any parabens.
- It is fragrance-free.
Khadi Mauri Charcoal Face Scrub contains an herbal ayurvedic formula derived from natural ingredients. It is a 2-in-1 working as a mask and a scrub. When used as a scrub, it cleanses all impurities on your skin and clears off any stubborn blackheads, leaving the skin clear and brighter.
- The scrub cleans and exfoliates the skin.
- It does not contain harmful chemicals.
- It removes dead skin and clears off any blemishes you may have to give your skin a glow.
- The scrub also unclogs your skin pores removing excess oil and controlling its production.
- The presence of charcoal in the scrub guarantees you an even skin tone.
Buyer’s Guide to Choosing the Best Face exfoliator and scrub
Purchasing an exfoliator scrub for your skin is not an easy task. One can go wrong in so many ways. Below are the things to consider when you go shopping.
1. Ingredients used – when purchasing a face scrub, it is best to look for a product that contains natural ingredients, free from added chemicals that may be harmful to your skin. Some of the natural ingredients to look for are Vitamin A & E, Aloe Vera that protect the skin.
2. Skin Type – it is of importance to first know your skin type before purchasing a beauty product. It helps you understand what it is you should look for when you go to the store. For dry skin, it is advisable to for exfoliants that are oil-based for the best results.
3. Frequency – When purchasing a face scrub, please remember not to use the face scrub daily. You can make a schedule of exfoliating once or twice per week, irrespective of your skin type.
1. How often should I exfoliate?
Exfoliating once or twice a week is ideal, although some people do it even three times a week. You can take a week to try out what schedule works best for you.
2. When should I exfoliate during my skincare routine?
Exfoliation should take place immediately after cleansing to ensure that the skin is clean.
3. At what age should I start exfoliating?
There is no given age a person can start exfoliating immediately you see breakouts, blackheads, or excess oil on your skin.
4. How long should one exfoliate before you start seeing results?
You should see the results immediately after exfoliating. You will see your skin is brighter. Although for skin concerns such as age lines and black spots, you need to wait for at least 6-8 weeks before they fade off.
The key to healthy skin is regular exfoliation and hydration. Pollutants can clog your pores, making your skin prone to acne. Exfoliation supports the natural renewal of the skin. A regular exfoliation routine will keep your skin radiant and even-toned all through. Be sure to use an exfoliant that is compatible with your skin type.