Kajal is the bedrock of any eye makeup routine. Celebrities, film actresses, corporate leaders, and women from all walks of life use it to enhance their appeal. Its ease of application makes it a must-have in the makeup kit of most Indian women. Just glide it on the waterline and eyelid for professionally defined and elegant-looking eyes.
The market of eye makeup is dominated by kajal or kohl. There are many varieties of kajal that are smudge-proof, waterproof, free from chemicals, and all-natural ingredients. Some of them are powder-based, while some are gel-based. Each product has its own pros and cons. But, how do you know which one of them is best suitable and convenient to use? Here is a list of some of the promising kajals in the Indian market that are a must to try.
Check out the list of Best kajal in India:
This kajal is enriched with minerals, olive oil esters, vitamin E, and cocoa butter. Its ingredient makes it a must-have kajal, for it is rich in minerals and has a deep black color. Its dark tone perfectly defines the eyes. It stays on for about 12 hours. The kajal is smudge-proof can be worn for business meetings, interviews, and parties.
The product comes in twist-up packing.
It contains Vitamin E, Cocoa Butter, and Olive Oil.
It lasts for 12 hours.
It has a smudge-proof formula.
The kajal is water-resistant.
It is easy to carry.
It contains parabens and minerals.
For a darker shade, the kajal has to be applied in two heavy strokes.
The product is tested on animals.
The product is a must-have in the eye makeup kit. It is easy to apply. Its single stroke is enough to give the eyes a glamorous and dramatic look. It is a pencil kajal with a matte finish. It has a smudge-proof formula and is suitable for adults. You can use this product on eyelids as well as water lines. It gives an intense black finish to the eyes.
The product comes in a twist-up design.
It is dermatologically tested.
The kajal lasts for 22 hours.
It is waterproof and smudge-proof.
Eye makeup is easy to use and clean.
It is an organic product.
No cons found so far.
The product has a patented molecule or unique defensive system that helps fight off redness and irritation of the eyes. This easy to apply product doesn’t smudge or fade and stays for about 10 hours.`
The product comes in pencil form.
It is available in black color.
It contains vitamins B3, E, C, and hyaluronic acid.
The product is paraben-free
The kajal is dermatologically tested.
It is a 100% vegetarian product.
The kajal is cruelty-free.
No cons found so far.
The product is easy to use. A single stroke of Revlon ColorStay Eyeliner is enough to define the eyes. It is available as a pencil and has an intense black shade. The product is wax-based and can be used to create smokey eyes. It can be easily applied to the inner and outer rim of the eye.
The product contains the goodness of vitamin E and aloe vera extract.
The kajal has a matte finish.
It is waterproof.
The product doesn’t smudge.
The kajal is free from mineral oils.
No cons found so far.
5. Lotus Herbals Natural Kajal
The kajal contains camphor and vitamin E that helps maintain the moisture of the eyes. It also contains natural almond oil that helps stimulate the growth of the eyelashes and delays the aging of eyelids.
The kajal contains the goodness of Vitamin E that keeps the skin nourished.
It is available in pencil format.
It is soft to apply.
The kajal has a soothing black shade.
The product is safe to use even for contact lenses wearers.
It is easy to carry.
The kajal can cause irritation to the eyes.
The product has an intense black color that can last for 24 hours. It makes the eyes look fresh. The kajal is made using organic ingredients, including aloe vera.
The kajal comes in pencil format.
It has a matte finish.
The product contains aloe vera, vitamins C, and E.
The product is waterproof and smudge-proof.
It lasts for 24 hours.
The kajal is easy to use.
It is ophthalmologically tested.
It contains paraben and minerals.
How to Use Kajal
Using or applying kohl, though, is not a tough task. However, taking care of a few things ensures its proper application and the safety of the eyes. Here are a few things to consider when applying kajal to the eyes.
- Use Smudge and Waterproof Kajal: Pick a kajal that stays on and doesn’t smudge, and is waterproof.
- Wipe the eyes: Clean the eyes of dirt and sweat before applying the kajal. Take a wet tissue and gently clean the corners, rim of the eyes, under eyes, and eyelids.
- Eyelid Primer: Applying primer to the eyelid will ensure the kajal stays on for long. Most kajal is formulated to stay long. A primer is an option. However, most makeup artists recommend applying primer before applying the kajal.
- Apply the Kajal: Kajal can be applied on eyelids and waterline to experiment with looks and add glamour to the eyes. To apply kajal on the lower eyelid or waterline, gently pull lower eye skin with the index finger. Start applying kajal starting from the corner of the eyes. To apply the kajal on the upper lid or waterline, stretch the skin from the corner of the eye and apply kajal in a single stroke. Avoid using more than two strokes on the eyelids.
- Wet tissue or cotton: Keep damp tissue or cotton handy to remove any unwanted stroke when applying kajal.
- Compact Powder: Apply compact powder on the skin after applying the kajal. The compact powder will take down any excess kajal on the skin.
Buyer’s Guide to buying the best Kajal in India
When it comes to buying kajal, there are few crucial things that you should consider.
- Smudge-Proof: A smudge-proof kajal lasts for 12 hours and doesn’t merge with the skin oil. People with oily skin should be extra careful when buying kajal.
- Water Proof and Sweat Proof: You can wear waterproof kajal on rainy days, and sweatproof kajal throughout the summer season.
- Free of Chemicals: Buy a kajal that is free from harmful chemicals such as paraben and minerals. A kajal containing toxic chemicals can irritate the eyes.
- Compact Size: Go for a kajal that comes in compact packing and is easy to carry. Though most kajal stays for hours, having kajal handy can make it convenient to do some touch-up before appearing on some special occasion, event, or even meeting.
- Easy to Apply: There are different types of kajal available in the market, and some of them are difficult to apply. For instance, powder kajal can only be applied with a brush and are not convenient to use. Similarly, gel or liquid kajal takes some time to apply. They need to be applied very carefully as they are in liquid, and any wrong stroke may make the eye look dull. Pencil kajal, on the other hand, is the most convenient to use.
- Ingredients: Buy a kajal that contains all-natural or organic ingredients. Such products are less likely to irritate the eyes. A kajal with chemicals may cause redness in the eye.
- Dermatologically and ophthalmologically tested: Go for a kajal that is tested by dermatologists and ophthalmologists. Such products are safe to use in the eyes.
Q. Can kajal be worn on a regular basis?
A. Kajal can be worn daily. However, ensure to remove it before going to bed.
Q.Does kajal cause dark circles?
A. No, kajal doesn’t cause dark circles.
Q. What is the shelf life of a kajal?
A. All products come with an expiry date. Kajals have 24-36 months of shelf life. It is highly recommended not to use any expired product in the eyes.
Q. Who can wear kajal?
A. Kajals available in the market are for adults. Men and women can use kajal.
Q. Does kajal last all day long?
A. Depending on its ingredients and formula, a kajal may last for 24 hours. Most kajals, however, stay on for a few hours without requiring any touch-up.
Indian women have been using kajal for ages for beautifying their eyes and enhancing their looks. Using the right type of kajal can make a significant difference in personality. Smudge-proof, waterproof, and chemical-free kajal are safe and convenient to use. Buying a kajal that is easy to apply and carry can make attending any meeting and event easier without any touch-ups.