There are few better ways to take care of hair than oiling. Oil provides the hair with protein and vitamins needed for hair growth, preventing hair damage and giving it a shine. Hair oil also provides nourishment and conditions the scalp and the hair. Massaging oil in the scalp improves blood circulation, and more fresh blood is supplied to the hair follicles (hair grows from a sac inside the epidermis of the scalp that is called hair follicle) thereby strengthening the hair and preventing excessive hair fall. Hair oils also supply keratin to the hair strand and prevent problems as split ends, dandruff, greying of hair, and breakages. Time and again, dermatologists and beauty experts have also stressed the merits of hair oils.
What to Look for in Hair Oils?
In these times, the formulas and ingredients used to make hair oils have certainly improved. There are many specifics to look for while choosing a suitable hair oil. Most industry experts advise users to see the list of ingredients used in the formula before they choose one. They say that users must consider picking a hair oil concentrated in triglycerides, an ester compound present in fruit and vegetable oils and performs a similar role to the hair sebum. They also recommend that you should not opt for oils with paraffin and mineral in them as they can only make the hair greasy.
Hair oils make a huge difference – it doesn’t matter if it’s used for dehydrated hair or for shine and moisture. Based on a general hair requirement, given below are some types of hair oils that can be selected-
- Olive: Primarily used to revive dry hair
- Argan: It protects the hair, making it smoother, less frizzy, and softer
- Sweet Almond: Blend of multiple vitamins and shines the hair
- Avocado: Fights breakage and improves hair strength
- Coconut: Penetrates the roots of the head and improves hair quality
Who Should Use Hair Oils?
Hair oils are suitable for everyone. Every hair oil serves different purposes. Some of them strengthen hair, while others give it a glossy shine. The type of hair oil should depend on your requirements. You can massage it on your scalp every day to improve dry hair or once in a while to enhance its shine.
Now, it’s time to dive into the top 10 hair oil products in the market.
Top 10 Hair Oils
Since there are myriad options to choose from when it comes to hair oils in the market, this review explores a few of the best ones, handpicked for the ease of the reader.
Using this oil from the ever-reliable WOW regularly will help you get shinier, smoother, and thicker hair. It improves hair quality, nourishing and moisturizing the hair roots and stimulating hair growth. It also helps reduce dryness, scalp dryness and eliminates itchiness. The hair oil prevents excess hair fall and dandruff as well.
- Nourishes the hair roots and makes the hair stronger
- Suitable for people with any kind of hair.
- Formulated with pure and natural ingredients for more benefits
- Facilitates quick growth of hair and better hair quality
- It is a non-greasy and non-sticky hair oil.
- Fast absorption in the hair scalp
- Gets rid of all hair problems
The most reliable hair oil brand in the market, Mamaearth, comes with another trusted product for hair. It’s extremely useful in controlling chronic hair problems such as itchiness, scalp dryness, dandruff, and infections. Mamaearth 100% Pure Castor Oil also increases the blood flow in the scalp and promotes hair growth.
- Anyone can use this Pure Castor Oil for hair problems
- Provides deep nourishment to the hair roots
- Formulated with organic ingredients and fatty acids
- Increases the blood flow in the scalp and enhances hair quality
- Hydrates and moisturizes dry hair
The oil is suited to meet all hair requirements. It’s made with a proprietary blend, enriched with significant fatty acids, nutrients, vitamins. It also contains almond oil that helps in nourishing the scalp. It stimulates hair growth and moisturizes the scalp. The hair oil can also help reduce scalp dryness. It’s parabens and preservatives.
- Nourishes and hydrates the hair roots and scalp
- Contains essential minerals and vitamins
- Safe for regular use and suitable for every hair need
- Improves the quality of skin
This all-in-one hair oil is multi-use, which is equally beneficial for everyone with different requirements. It’s high in premium bio-active content and contains ingredients such as almond oil, argan oil, extra virgin oil, jojoba, vitamin E, grapeseed, safflower oil, and rosemary. It’s free from harmful and artificial compounds like paraben, petrolatum, mineral oils, etc. This oil improves hair quality, promotes hair growth, reduces split hair, eliminates itchiness, and prevents dandruff.
- Improves blood flow in the scalp
- Eliminates most hair problems like itchiness and dandruff
- Fast absorption
- Non-greasy and non-sticky texture
St.Botanica Moroccan Argan Oil contains organic ingredients such as argan oil, almond oil, olive oil, rosemary, avocado, jojoba, and castor oil – all of which benefit the hair in different ways. In a way, this is a multitasker for the hair. It promotes hair growth, detangles the hair, prevents hair loss and dandruff. The manufacturers assure that this natural hair oil does not contain any parabens, chemicals, sulfates, or artificial colorants.
- A natural formula that is suited for all hair types
- Improves hair quality and growth
- Free from chemicals and parabens
- Keeps the hair free of dandruff
- Prevents dryness, itchy scalp, brittleness of hair
- Arrests the condition of frizzy hair and gives a luster
6. Soulflower Coldpressed Coconut Pure Natural Carrier Oil
This coconut oil is pressed in a heat-controlled environment to preserve all the benefits. Soulflower Coldpressed Coconut Pure Natural Carrier Oil is absorbed very easily and quickly into the scalp and helps detangle wet hair and set curls and waves. It also prevents frizzing of hair, giving it a bounce.
- Cold Pressed coconut oil is immensely beneficial for hair.
- The fatty acids, vitamins, and minerals help hair grow longer, healthier, and thicker.
- Moisturizes and revitalizes the hair.
- Prevents flaky and dry scalp condition
- Eliminates the chances of split ends and breakage
7.The Body Shop Wild Argan Oil The Radiant Oil
Brought by the trusted company Body Shop, Wild Argan Oil The Radiant Oil contains pure and organic argan oil. Regularly apply this oil on damp hair to prevent dryness and to lock in the moisture. It also boosts hair growth and gives luster and shine. The oil can be massaged on the head, left overnight, and then washed in the morning to give the hair a boost of nutrients and protein. Applying it after a hair wash helps treat damaged and split hair.
- Provides radiance to hair, including dry and extra dry hair
- Moisturizes the hair and scalp
- Protects the hair from damage caused by environmental factors
- Prevents hair loss
- Gives thicker and fuller hair
- Gives the hair extra shine
Forest Essentials Organic Cold Pressed Virgin Coconut Oil contains organically sourced coconut oil extracted by the cold-pressed method. The temperature-controlled extraction ensures that all the nutrients are retained in the oil. It provides nourishment to the hair when massaged in the roots of the head scalp and makes the hair thick, strong, and lustrous.
- A natural product free from chemicals and parabens
- The oil is extracted from the coconut by using the cold-pressed method to preserve the beneficial constituents.
- Nourishes the scalp and prevents dandruff.
- Moisturizes and rejuvenates the hair and treats damage and split ends.
- Gives a shiny glow to the hair
Moroccanoil Treatment contains omega oils and fatty acids to treat damaged hair and give it a shine. This oil can balance the pH levels in the hair and prevents frizziness. It protects the hair from heat damages. It also provides the scalp with the necessary vitamins and nutrients to make hair smoother and shinier.
- Non-greasy hair oil.
- Improves hair health and reduces hair loss.
- It contains omega-3 oils, fatty acids, and vitamins to nourish the hair and boost hair growth.
- Protects the hair from heat damages
- Users can use it as a leave-in conditioner
- Maintains the perfect pH level in the hair
Kesh King Ayurvedic Anti-Hairfall Hair Oil includes 21 plant and herb extracts like amla, methi, Brahmi, bhringaraj, jatamansi, lodhra,manjistha, etc. that prevents hair loss, stimulates blood circulation in the scalp, and promotes the growth of hair. The pack contains an in-built applicator comb that makes it convenient to apply.
- Improves the overall quality of hair
- Natural ingredients so no harmful effects
- Suited to meet all hair requirements
- Boosts the scalp and prevents hair fall and facilitates hair growth
- Very affordably priced
As you see, there are many options to select from in the market when it comes to hair oils. The list above helps them to choose from numerous available options. The fundamental of choosing a hair oil depends on the hair type and the hair-related problems faced. How frequently users want to use the oil is another factor to determine it. Some use hair oil once a week as an overnight conditioner, and others use it for providing daily nourishment to hair. Prospective buyers may select a hair oil based on their requirements and check different websites for getting the best deal.