Getting tanned is pretty common if you have just returned from a beach vacation and have been exposed to the sun for a long time. But holidays are anyway meant to be fun, right? Getting a bit tan isn’t something to be worried about when you have useful remedies to take care of the tan afterwards. There are innumerable remedies out there that work wonders on your skin to remove the tan. And most importantly, all of them are readily available in your home.
One such great ingredient is curd. The benefits of curd for beautiful skin are never-ending. It is a magic ingredient for your gut and hair, too. It is an excellent ingredient to remove your tanning if applied alone or mixed with other ingredients.
The curd is a pretty versatile ingredient and can be combined with many items to boost its effects.
We will be talking about ten such face packs that are great to remove that tanning or make your skin glow, and all of them include curd as the main ingredient!
Keep reading to know more about them.
1. Rice flour
If you are looking to make a homemade scrub, then rice flour is the best ingredient out there. Rice Flour being such a great exfoliating agent, the rice flour is great for skin lightening and helps to remove your tan to a great extent. You can get rice flour from your local grocery store, and if you don’t, then just grind some regular rice available at your home and make it in a fine powder.
- Take two tablespoons of rice flour
- Add one tablespoon of curd and mix them thoroughly
- Apply the mask and keep it for at least fifteen minutes
- Wash the mask with normal water by massaging it gently with your fingers
Repeat this process not more than twice a week since exfoliation shouldn’t be done more than twice a week.
Now, this is the good old famous ubtan recipe. This ubtan is a staple remedy for every skin concern out there in an Indian family. This is a magical mask, and the blend of this mixture is a boon for the skin. The Besan or gram flour has cleansing properties that will help you to get rid of any kind of blemishes on your face.
- Add two tablespoons of Besan or Gram flour
- Add a pinch of turmeric or Haldi powder
- Squeeze two teaspoons of lemon juice
- Add two tablespoons of curd
- Mix the ingredients together to make a lump-free paste
- Apply the mask and leave it on for about half an hour and wash it with lukewarm water.
Use this mask every other alternate day until you get optimum results.
Coffee has been widely used in various skin products these days and for the right reasons. Coffee is rich in antioxidants that will keep your skin protected and make it soft and glowy. Also, this is a genius ingredient if you have puffy under-eyes. It helps to depuff them and make you look much more presentable.
- Add two tablespoons of grounded coffee
- Add one tablespoon of curd and mix them to form a thick paste
- Apply this mixture and leave it for half an hour
- Wash the mask with normal water, and pat dry your skin.
4. Multani Mitti or Fuller’s Earth
If you have oily skin, then Multani mitti should be your holy grail product. This ingredient has immense capabilities of sucking all that gunk and extra oil away and making it squeaky clean. It is an outstanding ingredient to get rid of any pigmentation or dark spots on your face and brighten your skin tone to a significant extent.
- Add two tablespoons of Multani mitti
- Add one tablespoon of besan
- Add two tablespoons of curd and mix them to make a paste of thick consistency so that it doesn’t drip down your face.
- Let this mixture rest for ten minutes and rinse it off with normal water.
Follow with a hydrating moisturizer since the Multani mitti can leave your skin a bit dry
5. Aloe Vera Gel
If you just had sunburns or any kind of skin inflammation, aloe vera is a great ingredient to try. The anti-inflammatory and cooling properties of this medicinal plant will help you to soothe your skin and get rid of the tan gradually after regular uses. It imparts a natural glow to your face and makes it soft and supple.
In case you are busy and want a quick fix, make this DIY and store it in your ice tray. Apply the cold ice cubes every morning. This will also give a cooling sensation to your skin, and the ingredients will also do their magic.
- Add three tablespoons of fresh aloe vera gel
- Take a few drops of lemon juice into it
- Add one tablespoon of curd and mix them until you get a thick paste
- Apply this entire mixture and let it sit on your skin for about an hour and rinse it off with normal water
Use this mask every day in the morning after your usual cleansing routine until you get visible results.
Sandalwood is an excellent remedy if you have any kind of breakouts or sunburns. Sandalwood acts as an astringent and has anti-inflammatory properties that will prevent any pimple-causing bacteria in your skin. It acts as a great skin lightening agent that can lighten your scars or any prominent dark spots.
- Add two tablespoons of Sandalwood powder
- Add one tablespoon of honey
- Add one tablespoon of curd and give it a good mix
- Apply this mixture on wet face and let it dry for an hour
- Wash your face with lukewarm water and rinse off the mask
7. Lemon Peel Powder
The lemon is filled with Vitamin C and has numerous benefits from skin polishing to getting rid of extra dead cells from your skin. It gives a brighter complexion and also provides firmness to the skin. Your skin will feel soft and rejuvenated because of this mask.
You can buy lemon peel powder from your local grocery shop or can even make it at home by drying the lemon peels under the sun for a few hours and grinding it to a fine powder.
Alternatively, go for orange peel powder instead of lemon peel powder if you have sensitive skin since lemon can be a bit strong for your skin, which might break you out.
- Add three tablespoons of lemon or orange peel powder
- Add one tablespoon of sandalwood powder
- Add two tablespoons of curd and give it a good mix
- Apply this mixture and let it sit for ten minutes and wash it off with lukewarm water.
Use this mask twice or thrice in a week to get optimum results
Oats is another great exfoliating agent and has immense benefits. This superfood is great for skin since it helps exfoliate and shed all the dead skin and the tanning out of your skin and leave your skin fresh and breezy. It helps to treat acne and helps to control the sebum and oil production of your skin to a great extent.
- Add four tablespoon of instant oats
- Add one tablespoon of rose water
- Add two tablespoons of curd and let the oats soak for some time to make it soft
- Spread the mask evenly on your skin and keep it on for fifteen minutes
- Wash it with normal water while scrubbing the mask gently with minimal pressure
9. Potato juice
Potato is an excellent bleaching agent and helps to get rid of your tanning or any dark spots or pigmentation that might happen over time due to prolonged exposure to the sun. Either mash the potato or grate it and squeeze the juice out of the pulp with a muslin cloth or a strainer to extract the juice from the potato.
- Add three tablespoons of potato juice
- Add one tablespoon of gram flour or besan
- Add two tablespoons of curd and mix it properly
- Apply this mask and keep it for thirty minutes and rinse it off with normal water
You can use this mask almost every day until you get your desired results.
Apart from curd, potato can be used with other ingredients to give you a tanning free flawless skin. Find it here: Potato Face Packs for Whitening and Glowing Skin
Bananas are a superb source of Vitamin A and potassium, which restores the skin’s lost hydration and improves the texture of your skin that might have been ruined due to prolonged exposure to the sun. Use this mask the next time you would want to throw an overripe banana in the dustbin.
- Mash a full banana
- Add one tablespoon of almond oil
- Add two tablespoons of curd and mix them together
- The mixture could be a bit lumpy due to the banana in it
- Spread it evenly so that it doesn’t drip from your face
- Keep the mixture on for about fifteen minutes and rinse it with normal water
This probiotic ingredient is a staple in almost every household and is an excellent remedy for your every skin concern. The lactic acid present in curd is the prime key that helps in eliminating any tan from your skin. It suits all skin types, but a patch test is necessary before applying any of the masks. You never know which ingredient might react with your skin and cause an adverse reaction.
Consistent use of these masks, along with patience, will help to get rid of the tan gradually.
Try any of these and do not forget to share your experience with us!