Grey hair is typically associated with old age. However, for many internal and external causes, even youngsters starting from the age of 18 or lower acquire premature hair greying. In such instances, most people tend to resort to chemical dyes, which will have adverse effects on hair health in the long run, such as excessive hair loss, hair thinning, and many more.
Hence, the best way to get black hair permanently without hampering the quality of your hair is to choose natural remedies. Natural remedies are perfect for covering your grey hairs flawlessly with zero risks of hair damage! Aso, many natural remedies also provide you with permanent results upon regular usage. Thus, let’s check out some effective natural remedies on how to get black hair naturally permanently!
1. Henna and Indigo
Henna alone is itself a classic natural hair dye popular in many countries for its rich, dying properties. Apart from a black dye, henna will tame the fizziness of your hair and will add great shine and lustre to your hair after the first use itself.
Even though you can get effective results with just henna itself, you can also try pairing it up with indigo powder which is another very popular ingredient as a black dye. Indigo leaves a very dense black hue to your hair and is exceptionally long-lasting!
- 100 grams of henna powder
- 100 grams of pure and organic indigo powder
- 2 spoons of black tea water
- Step 1: Add the henna powder and indigo powder to a bowl and mix the dry ingredients well.
- Step 2: Pour the black tea water little by little and keep mixing it gradually. Increase the amount of black tea water if required.
- Step 3: Mix until we get a thick paste-like consistency.
- Step 4: Let the henna pack sit for rest overnight.
- Step 5: Apply the henna pack on fresh and clean hair and let it sit for at least 3 hours, and rinse it with regular water.
Note: It is important that you apply this henna pack on a clean and product-free scalp for maximum effectiveness.
2. Fenugreek and Coconut oil
If you have a very small amount of grey hairs, this hair pack is perfect for permanently dying those few strands to black in no time. Not just dying, but fenugreek is an active ingredient used for hair strengthening across every gender.
Coconut oil, on the other hand, does not need much introduction. It is the all-time favourite ingredient for nourishment and adding volume to your hair over time.
Not only does it help the dye to be darker and denser, but it also nourishes your strands and gives you more fluffy and soft hair!
- 3 tablespoons of Fenugreek powder (also known as methi)
- 2 tablespoons of coconut oil
- Step 1: Add the fenugreek powder to a bowl and add the coconut oil gradually.
- Step 2: Pour in the water into it and mix it until you achieve a paste consistency.
- Step 3: Apply this paste to your hair and leave it for 1 hour.
- Step 4: Rinse it with regular shampoo and pat it dry.
Note: If you do not find fenugreek powder, you can use fenugreek leaves to create your homemade fenugreek powder.
Wash the fenugreek leaves thoroughly and mash them into a paste. Let the paste dry in direct sunlight for at least a complete day. Grind the dried paste into a fine powder.
3. Indian Gooseberry and Hibiscus
Indian Gooseberry or Amla is another really popular hair care ingredient that not only dyes your hair completely jet black but also takes care of your hair health. Filled with multiple vitamins and other nutrients, the Indian gooseberry is a boon for your hair!
Hibiscus in powder or juice form is an excellent ingredient that enhances the longevity of the dye and makes your hair soft and smooth. It also helps eliminate any dandruff or scalp infections, which can be the prime cause of premature greying and unhealthy scalp. Likewise, it adds massive volume to your hair, resulting in an overall bouncy appeal!
- 3 tablespoons of Indian Gooseberry(also known as amla)
- 2 tablespoons of hibiscus juice
- Step 1: Add the amla powder into a bowl
- Step 2: Add the fresh hibiscus juice.
- Step 3: Mix the ingredients well for a smooth paste-like consistency. Increase the amount of juice if required.
- Step 4: Let the paste rest for about 1 hour.
- Step 5: Apply this paste on a clean scalp and coat your hair generously, especially the grey hair.
- Step 6: Rinse your hair with normal water and pat it dry.
Note: Instead of hibiscus juice, you can also use hibiscus powder for the mask and use water as the mixing medium for your hair mask.
4. Henna, Shikkakai, and Soapnut powder
We have already discussed the potency of henna as a dye. When paired with even powerful ingredients such as shikkakai and soapnut powder, you can effortlessly achieve permanently black hair real quick.
Shikakai powder is also a natural shampoo that cleanses your scalp thoroughly, and the essential nutrients bring strength to your hair. In addition to that, soapnut powder is also filled with multiple nutrients like Vitamin A, D, E, and K, which fuels the hair growth mechanism and also helps in darkening your hair quickly!
- 1 cup of henna powder
- 1 tablespoon of shikakai powder
- 1 tablespoon of soapnut powder
- ½ tablespoon of coconut oil
- Step 1: Add the powders together to the bowl and mix them.
- Step 2: Pour the coconut oil and mix the powders.
- Step 3: Add water into the mixture and mix it until you reach a paste-like consistency.
- Step 4: Let it rest overnight. You will find it leaving a stain the next day on the top layer.
- Step 5: Mix it again slowly.
- Step 6: Apply to your hair evenly and coat every grey hair strand precisely.
- Step 7: Keep the mask for at least 3 hours.
- Step 8: Rinse the mask with normal water and pat it dry.
Note: It is essential that you prepare the mask in an iron bowl since iron oxidizes the ingredients and makes the complete dye even darker and effective.
5. Sage water
Sage is another very popular ingredient for hair health that actively helps restore the original colour of the hair and is perfect for every age. Upon regular usage, it can easily dye your hair black real quick.
Also, it is highly moisturizing and nourishing to the hair. If you are suffering from dry and brittle hair for the longest time, this sage water rinse is a boon for taming the frizz and adding adequate hydration to your dry hair.
- Black sage leaves
- Step 1: Add the water to a bowl and put it to a boil.
- Step 2: Add the black sage leaves into the boiling water and let it boil for a few minutes until you see the colour changing gradually.
- Step 3: After 5 minutes, remove the sage water from heat and let it cool at room temperature.
- Step 4: Pour the liquid into a spray bottle for convenience.
- Step 5: Coat your hair generously with the hair spray and allow it to soak in your hair for about 2 hours.
- Step 6: Wash your hair with your everyday shampoo and pat it dry.
Note: In case you do not find black sage leaves, you can also use the regular sage leaves. However, the black sage leaves are better for dyeing your hair black.
6. Coconut oil and curry leaves
If you are suffering from severe premature greying of hair and want to prevent the growth of more grey hair, this remedy is the ideal choice for you! Rich in Vitamin B and other incredible nutrients, curry leaves and coconut oil is a bombastic combo to dye your hair completely black permanently and also prevent the growth of new grey hair.
It keeps the richness of your hair intact and ensures that your hair is dense black and thick! It is perfect for thinner hair since coconut oil instantly stimulates the hair growth upon application, resulting in thicker, black, and voluminous hair growth!
- 2 tablespoons of coconut oil
- 1 cup of fresh curry leaves
- Step 1: Add the coconut oil to a bowl.
- Step 2: Add the curry leaves to it and bring it to a boil.
- Step 3: Boil the leaves and oil for about 5 minutes until the oil thickens, and the colour slightly changes.
- Step 4: Strain out the leaves from the oil and let them cool down at room temperature.
- Step 5: Massage the oil generously in your scalp and hair. Keep it for at least 2 hours.
- Step 6: Wash it with your regular shampoo and pat it dry.
Hair greying is something we can always control and take charge of. Nothing beats the good old natural remedies of hair care which are inexpensive yet highly effective. These few natural ingredients are perfect if you are looking to get black and luscious hair naturally yet permanently. Hence, make a suitable pick and flaunt your healthy tresses!