Navel Displacement Guide: Everything You Need To Know
The navel centre is one of the critical areas of our body and is considered to be the centre of all the organs on the body. It is where every nerve fibre of the sympathetic and parasympathetic nerve combines and forms a dense cluster of nerve cells.
At times, many people suffer from navel displacement, which severely impacts their overall health. Here is a complete guide about navel displacement that covers every nitty-gritty detail about why, how, and what is navel displacement in general. Let’s dive deep into it!
What is Navel Displacement?
In the simplest terms, navel displacement is the misalignment or shifting of the navel and subsequent abdominal muscles towards an upward or downward position. It is primarily prevalent among children and has serious repercussions in many aspects of health which we will discuss further.
What causes Navel Displacement?
The causes of navel displacement could be pretty much anything. A few common physical reasons for navel displacement are as follows:
- Running or jogging without warming up beforehand
- Sudden twisting or bending to reach out for something.
- Lifting heavy weight suddenly with a jerk during the workout sessions or regular household chores.
- Putting pressure or hanging on one the side of the body
- Staying empty stomach or starving for longer hours frequently
- Binging on heavy and unhealthy food right after fasting
- Frequent and excessive dehydration
- Uncomfortable sexual activity
All of these reasons could account for slight or adverse navel displacement.
Navel Displacement Symptoms
Some of the prevalent symptoms that will help you to diagnose navel displacement at home are:
- Frequent diarrhea
- Heart rate abnormalities
- Breathing difficulties
- Chronic back pain
- Sudden palpitations
- Frequent nightfall
- Severe pain in the abdominal region
- Difficulty in bending or restricted movement
How to cure Navel displacement?
There are several full-proof methods for treating navel displacement. Let’s check them out.
Here is a complete step-by-step guide on how you can treat navel displacement through pressure points.
- Step 1: Lay down the patient on a flat surface. Keep the chin upwards and feet close to each other.
- Step 2: If you see one toe of the patient slightly lower in comparison to the other toe, you can confirm that the patient suffered from navel displacement.
- Step 3: Place four fingers from the ankle towards the knee. Press slowly on that pressure point with both hands.
- Step 4: Press along with the sheen below the bone for about 3 minutes. Add gentle strokes to it and slowly.
- Step 5: Proceed to the other leg for a few more minutes with frequent breaks.
- Step 6: Observe the toes if they went back to the equal position.
- Step 7: Ask the patient to get up slowly and proceed with light food or snacks.
Note: It is advisable not to binge on any heavy food post-treatment of navel displacement.
The old-age tradition of using herbal medicines like various powders and herbs, which are readily available in most areas, can treat navel displacement pretty well. Regular consumption of these herbs will cure navel displacement over time. Here are a few herbal medicines that are proven to help in treating navel displacement:
Trivrit (Operculina turpethum)
Navel displacement brings constipation issues, and most of them are pretty painful. Hence, consuming trivrit at least once a day can significantly help ease bowel movements and calm your digestive system. It also helps flush out the stored toxins from the body and cleansing them for cleaner bowel movements.
Vidanga (Embelia ribes)
In case you are not able to find trivrit nearby, Vidanga is always a great alternative. Vidange is yet again another really great way to deal with digestive issues and constipation. It also helps with diarrhea. Apart from that, Vidanga also works as a natural painkiller and helps in giving relief from chronic back pain.
Giloy (Tinospora Cordifolia)
Abdominal pain is a widespread symptom of navel displacement. The sharp pain around the abdominal region to the thighs and calves can be unbearable at times. In such cases, Giloy is an excellent remedy for quick relief. You can either consume Giloy right by crushing the herbs or consuming readymade juices available at most local stores. It is also incredible for helping with constipation and digestive issues. It helps in clearing out the bowel movements and flushes out the toxins just like the other herbs.
Kutaj (Wrightia Tinctoria)
Muscle or joint stiffness along what restricted movement is another very commonly faced by people with navel displacement. Kutaj can significantly help in releasing tension within the joints and the muscles, resulting in better movement. It also helps in combating abdominal and back pain too.
Commonly called turmeric, it is a magical ingredient for curing navel displacement. It is rich in various nutritional properties that help in pain relief and clearing out digestive issues. It also helps combat any internal infections that might have happened due to the sudden displacement of the nerves within the navel.
Fennel seeds are also another marvellous ingredient that, when consumed every morning, can do wonders for your navel displacement. Just grind some fennel seeds and add jaggery powder to it. Consume it every day without fail, and it will eventually help in bringing your navel back to its original position soon.
Mustard oil is proven to work wonders on many health issues. Likewise, adding a few drops of mustard oil on the navel every day and massaging it gently will help fix the navel shift to the original position. It is also amazing if you suffer from severe abdominal cramps since the massaging motion acts as major pressure points inducing instant relief to your abdomen.
Gooseberry is also another very important ingredient that is mostly used for fixing the nauseous feeling and digestive issues. Amla is rich in vital nutrients like Vitamin C, which is tremendous for fixing constipation.
Yoga has major health benefits. There are different yoga poses meant for different health issues. On that note, here are some yoga poses that will help you bring back your navel to the center after regular practice.
With a displaced navel, you might not be able to bend properly like you used to. Ancient people used to try this yoga pose to improve their movements and release tension in the muscles and joints. It also gives relief from the back pain and helps in bringing back the navel to the center again.
- Step 1: Place your hands right at the top towards the ceiling or sky. Stretch your back and body while you do it. Stay for a few seconds.
- Step 2: Slowly bend and try touching your knees or toes.
- Step 3: Stay at that position for a few seconds and slowly go back to the original position.
Practice this asana for at least 10 minutes every day. Have a controlled breath movement for comfort.
This asana is incredible for relieving the muscle restrictions towards the side muscles of your body. It is also great in relieving abdominal and back pain since it stretches out those muscles. This asana activates the nerves within the navel and helps in bringing it back to its original position. This asana is primarily advised if your navel has shifted towards the left or right side.
- Step 1: Sit comfortably on a mat with your legs bent together.
- Step 2: Bring out one leg towards the side and stretch it slowly.
- Step 3: Bring out your arms upon the air and breathe for a few seconds.
- Step 4: Bend slightly forward and exhale.
- Step 5: Try to reach for the toe with your arms and the knee with your forehead by bending towards the side and stretching. Be very slow and do not rush at all.
Practice this asana for at least 5 minutes on each side with a controlled breathing movement
The Uttanpadasana is fantastic for adding strength to your intestine and eliminating any existing gas or constipation from within. It also helps with any heart diseases, respiratory problems that come with navel displacement. It also cures backache simultaneously while adding core strength on the center and focusing on the navel.
- Step 1: Lie down on a smooth mat with your back straight and palms flat. Straighten out your legs and toes together.
- Step 2: Inhale and raise both legs upwards at an approximate angle of 30 degrees. Hold it for a few seconds.
- Step 3: Increase the height up to 60 degrees, and again hold your breath for a few seconds.
- Step 4: Increase it to a final 90 degrees straight towards the sky and hold your breath.
- Step 5: Proceed the same sequence while returning back your feet to the original position and exhale at regular intervals.
- Step 6: Place your feet on the ground without any sudden jerks.
Practice this asana for about 10 minutes and take adequate rest.
Navel displacement is pretty common nowadays and nothing to be worried about. It is at the stage of diagnosis which requires the most amount of attention and time. Hence, be very attentive to your body parts and organs. If you notice any slight difference, consult a medical practitioner immediately.